LCP SIGHT IN WITH CRIMSON TRACE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EQUILIZER

Bearcat
Any body out there having problem getting laser sight in. I have a sight mark laser bore sight. I line up the laser with the site laser at all distances up to 30 feet and it shows right on. When I go to the range I can't hit anywhere near where the laser shows on the target. I can think of a couple reasons why. My inexperience with handguns. My inexperience with handguns. OH! forgot to mention the target at the range can be any distance from me and I still can't hit it. Maybe I should just stick with my 12 gage Mossberg.

Mgaines

Bearcat
My guess is you are jerking trigger or gun when you shoot, pull trigger slowly and don't anticipate the bang.
The lcp is hard to shoot (I've tried a couple of times)see if the range you use has someone to watch you, or ask an experienced shooter next to you, they might see what you are doing.

s4s4u

Hunter
My inexperience with handguns.

Likely. Can you hit anything with just the sights? Get closer. Even if it's 5 feet, get closer until you get on paper. Then reference this chart to see what your issue is:

My guess is you will print low left if a righty. If you are a lefty, reverse it.

I pretty much gave up on using the LCP as a concealed carry gun because I found that without the laser I was really, really bad shooting this gun at anything over about 2 yards. Even with the laser it was not easy keeping this little gun on target. So between hating to shoot this gun anyway and knowing that if the laser failed I was in real trouble if I ever needed to use the gun for more than belly-touching distance, I switched to the only slightly larger LC9s and now feel much more confident of my ability to defend myself. I plan on selling my LCP whenever I decide to buy any other firearm in the future.

EQUILIZER

Bearcat
Thank you everyone . I was really thinking about getting a LC9s and selling the LCP with the laser. My buddy in West Virginia has the LC9s and he loves it. He's been around handguns his whole life. Now I need some more advise. What's the best way to sell a slightly used gun that's easy and legal? Thanks.

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
Have you tried dry firing and watching to see if the laser spot moves off the target? One of the best things about lasers on handguns is what it does for dry fire practice.
Blow the trigger pull and nothing you did well matters.