Are you gonna sell/trade your P series Ruger just because...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CCW

Bearcat
It's considered obsolete and out of production? If I did that I might as well go ahead and sell my S&W Highway Patrolman, S&W 581...all of my guns.
The Ruger P series is no longer being produced but I have no doubt that parts will still be available for years to come. There are companies that specialize in obsolete parts, not to mention all of the online auction sites. If you like your P series (mine's a P89) don't sell it for scrap, it's still, and will be a good gun.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
P90TH for me. No chance on my getting rid of it.

If I got rid of the guns I have that are out of production, I wouldn't have any left...
Winchester 95
Savage 99
Enfield No4MK2
Enfield No5MK1
M1 Carbine
M1 Garand

Aqualung

roylt

Hunter
I doubt I would ever sell them all but maybe some.

I like the old all metal units. Plus it was my first... P89DC

s4s4u

Hunter
My P95 is now my daughter's house gun. It doesn't get shot on a daily basis so not worried about parts. It runs like a champ every time it gets taken out. What's not to love, and why fix what ain't broke.....

Every once and a while here someone comes on and needs a part.... about every blue moon.... it happens and guess what.... most parts Ruger won't send to you or a gun smith.... now with that said, I just wonder if they will send parts for any of their newer production guns to just anyone... or do you need to do what they suggest... send it to them and they fix it... if they can't fix it then you get some credit for a new gun. This is all me just speculating and trying to remember what I've read here... in that I own 5 P pistols and have never had a part break or need replacing....

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
i had the spring for the mag latch fail and they wanted me to send in my gun to have it fixed....after talking to them for a spell they ended up just ending it to me.....for free.

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
My 2 P95's aren't going anywhere. Made to shoot and built to last. I can only hope I shoot them enough to have a break-down.

The Preacher

demented

Single-Sixer
Three 95's, an 85 mk2, a 97...looking for more! No intent to part with any. Mine are all finally lined out, will be stuck back for WROL, not for range use so round count/parts wear is not an issue.

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
My Police Carbine is obselete....no more parts........time to throw it away!
same with my P94DAO
somebody come take away my trash!
Seriously
i get offers to buy my "obselete" Ruger guns every time I go to the range. People say "I've never seen one of those, those are so cool". I tell them they are not made anymore because not eneough people bought them , they bought glocks and plastic kel tecs instead.

Big Papa

Bearcat
Ummm, no!

I've got a supposedly "lousy" old 301-45XXX P-85 that goes bang all the time. It was my first double action auto pistol, and first 9mm. There is no way I'd get rid of it. The wife and the grandson both learned how to shoot with it, which they liked because it functioned so reliably. Some of my newer guns will jam if you limp wrist them.

Sold off the last of my P-series Rugers years ago. No intention of buying any more... well MAYBE a P90.

I'm perfectly happy with my CZs and Sigs. Still in production and parts/service still available. Thank you anyway though.