Are you gonna sell/trade your P series Ruger just because...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

luvmyRugers

Single-Sixer
Never.....again.
Actually, I had two KP90DCs for years and someone offered me a trade I thought I HAD to have. Yep, traded it and now, I regret it. Still have the first one though and its going nowhere!

philco

Bearcat
My P345 isn't going anywhere long as I'm around. I rarely ever part with a gun once I acquire it and that's one I would not consider letting go.

Tip

Single-Sixer
Well I, for one, am getting funds together now to acquire my first P-series pistol. I'm not sure the word obsolete even applies here. What is considered dated by some is regarded as perfectly desirable by others. Obsolescence has nothing to do with it. If the market preference has moved away from what I want, I call that a great time to buy! :D

Back when I only owned a single gun (for home defense), a revolver, I wanted a semi auto. Thinking that a "real" semi auto meant a 45acp, I bought a P97dc. I remember asking the clerk in the gun store why the Ruger was so much cheaper than any of the other 45's, and he answered that Ruger makes a reliable and accurate gun and charges less than others, but not to think it isn't as good or better than the others. That P97 has never been anything but totally reliable and a good shooting gun. But after getting a bit more into handguns I came to the conclusion that while 45acp is a great caliber, for my purposes of home defense or concealed carry personal protection it really was not significantly better than 9mm or 40 S&W or 38+p for that matter, and the P97 has been sitting in my safe unfired for several years now. I would likely sell it if offered a good price, but since it didn't cost much brand new, what I have been offered for it was too little to tempt me to give up this good gun. I'm one of the minority of gun owners that never has been particularly enamored of the 1911, so this non-1911 45acp is just fine for me.