Are you gonna sell/trade your P series Ruger just because...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Sold off the last of my P-series Rugers years ago. No intention of buying any more... well MAYBE a P90.

I'm perfectly happy with my CZs and Sigs. Still in production and parts/service still available. Thank you anyway though.

DA....if you want a nice KP90DC I have one for sale on a .01 start NO RESERVE auction. It is in pristine condition too. Check the auction links section here on the RF. I will offer you free shipping if you win it too. Just let me know its you at the auctions end. Good luck!

Al James

Hunter
Oh yeah and if you just have to stay Sig :oops: .......I listed a cherry two-tone P239 last night too. My little property adventure is getting expensive so I have to let a few toys go. Just be thankful that you are not local or I would be trying to sell you "big stuff" too. LOL.

My P97 was my first and only 45acp. It has worked perfectly, but I will admit that I hardly ever fire it. At the time I thought nothing but a 45 was acceptable for personal defense, but I have learned the reality that any of the major calibers, with quality and appropriate ammunition will serve that purpose. For both home defense and concealed carry I now rely upon 9mm and feel just fine about that. If the P97 had a rail to mount a light I might have kept it as my primary home defense gun, but as it is it has become pretty much untouched in the safe.

Al James said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Sold off the last of my P-series Rugers years ago. No intention of buying any more... well MAYBE a P90.

I'm perfectly happy with my CZs and Sigs. Still in production and parts/service still available. Thank you anyway though.

DA....if you want a nice KP90DC I have one for sale on a .01 start NO RESERVE auction. It is in pristine condition too. Check the auction links section here on the RF. I will offer you free shipping if you win it too. Just let me know its you at the auctions end. Good luck!

Please link me to it via pm.

Al James said:
Oh yeah and if you just have to stay Sig :oops: .......I listed a cherry two-tone P239 last night too. My little property adventure is getting expensive so I have to let a few toys go. Just be thankful that you are not local or I would be trying to sell you "big stuff" too. LOL.

I have an FFL. Don't hesitate to sell me anything.

Jschmatt

Bearcat
I loved my P95. I only sold it because it was too bulky for me to use as a carry gun. Though I know there are ppl that do carry it.

Ross61

Bearcat
No way am I getting rid of my KP90DC. Having put at least 3,000 rounds through it, I know how and where it shoots and as a result, I can hit quarters at ten yards all day long, and an 8" steel target at 150 yards though it'll take me three or four rounds to do that (won more than few beers doing the "he who hits the steel first wins a beer" game).

welder

Buckeye
mrmike7189 said:
My Police Carbine is obselete....no more parts........time to throw it away!
same with my P94DAO
somebody come take away my trash!
Seriously
i get offers to buy my "obselete" Ruger guns every time I go to the range. People say "I've never seen one of those, those are so cool". I tell them they are not made anymore because not eneough people bought them , they bought glocks and plastic kel tecs instead.

Well I'm gonna hang on to my last PC9, I've had as many three along with a PC4 that I never fired. The PC9 is probably the easiest gun in the world to sell. This one stays put.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
No Way. While many things in this world are obsolete (slide rules, commodore 64, Hillary Clinton, etc.) based on the standard definition "the condition of no longer being used or useful", I do not see my P95 or KP345 "no longer being used or useful" anytime soon :).

19&41

Bearcat
I have both a P90 and 94. They are reliable, robust lightweight I can take them down with just my hands. What's not to like?

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
These are really good guns and will last for a long time without any maintenance. My utilization at this point it's rather low so my out of date Rugers will last longer than I need. If you go to sell them, you will find that the price is too low to even bother.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Aqualung said:
P90TH for me. No chance on my getting rid of it.

If I got rid of the guns I have that are out of production, I wouldn't have any left...
Winchester 95
Savage 99
Enfield No4MK2
Enfield No5MK1
M1 Carbine
M1 Garand

Aqualung
Aqualung,
Have you seen the recent prices on the infield No4MK2 & M1 Carbine? I was recently surprised looking at a 3yr old blue book! Just a side note on out of production guns.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
MountainWalker said:
Aqualung said:
P90TH for me. No chance on my getting rid of it.

If I got rid of the guns I have that are out of production, I wouldn't have any left...
Winchester 95
Savage 99
Enfield No4MK2
Enfield No5MK1
M1 Carbine
M1 Garand

Aqualung
Aqualung,
Have you seen the recent prices on the infield No4MK2 & M1 Carbine? I was recently surprised looking at a 3yr old blue book! Just a side note on out of production guns.

Yes I have. The No4, my wife got me through a friend for $200.00 (with bayonet), my No5, I got through SOG for something like, $250.00. My carbine, I got through CMP for less than $400 and the Garand, I got through the DCM for around $400 (can't remember exactly).

All those have jumped up quite a bit. Last show I attended, a decent-shape No3 was over $500.00. Remember when they were going for $150.00?

Aqualung

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Aqualung said:
The No4, my wife got me through a friend for $200.00 (with bayonet)

...Remember when they were going for $150.00?

Hi,

Well, we're drifting here, but I'll play. When I got my No4 MkII the shop had a few "unissued" ones on the shelf, still cosmolined and wrapped in brown paper for $199.95 That was more than I wanted to pay for something I knew little about at the time, so I came home with a fairly nice used one for $69.95. The bayonet was an extra $2.00.

Ask Pamela (Colonialgirl) what a good price for an Enfield is: I think one of hers qualifies for the Forum's "Best Price Award!"

Rick C

5Wire

Single-Sixer
I sold this PP90DW not because it was obsolete but because I just wasn't shooting it anymore. Totally reliable pistol.

PP90DW_R1.jpg

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
KP90DC........NO WAY!!! If P series are obsolete, what about a 1911? 45ACP is obsolete by some folks standards and the 9mm is even older! Only reason I'm considering going back to a revolver (.44spc?)is it's not as easy as it once was to rack the slide!

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Traded off my P 90 by giving it to my son. Then picked up an even more obsolete 1911 Remington to replace it. My son likes it a lot.

clinttho

Bearcat
How could I sell this? It outshoots my Sig p227 and was made in 1994, is a workhorse yet still remains in pristine condition. I probably still couldn't get much over 300 out of it if I did sell it. In fact, if I find another one I will buy it if it's in good shape. Id also buy a p89 or similar p series Ruger 9mm.

My 22 year old KP90DC:
EZLG5zb.jpg

toysoldier

Hunter
At least half of my firearms are "obsolete" designs. Would I trade in my beautiful, solid steel-and-walnut Remington 121 .22 for a newer pump whose stamped parts rattle? Fat chance! As for my KP-90DC, I've picked up two "parts kits" from destroyed pistols, so I should have plenty of springs, screws, etc. to last my lifetime.