Remora 2 in 1 Clip/Noclip Holster for LC9s - First Contact

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Hey everyone,

I just received my Remora "2 in 1" clip/nonclip holster for my LC9s. Here's the product I ordered.

1 of : REMORA "2 IN 1" CLIP/NO CLIP HOLSTER [Manufacturer:Ruger][Model:LC9 (Remora #4ART)][Laser/Light Options:SMALL-Magnetic activated laser/tactical light][Modification 1:REINFORCED TOP][Restraint Strap:No][Sweat Shield:No][Draw Side:RIGHT HANDED][Lining Options:Standard Denier][Holster Color:NON-SLIP (BLACK)]

The total cost was $44.45 shipped. This is the standard Remora holster for this gun *except* it has a removable button-affixed belt clip and the sewn-in embedded magnet for use with the Viridian laser with the "on-when-drawn" magnetic feature.

I've had it for an hour and I'm pleased with it. Not ecstatic, but happy with the purchase so far. It fits the gun perfectly. It's not too large or too small - Goldilocks. The holster is well made and the materials seem to be of high quality. There are a couple (literally two) little stitching glitches on my holster, which look like they were re-stitched, but nothing egregious, and they're on the "inside" surface so they're not going to be visible. No loose threads, just a visible stitch glitch. That's the only reason why I say: "not ecstatic."

The material it's made of is "tacky" but not "super-adhesive-tape-tacky" and against my skin it is not uncomfortable at all. It also fits well into a pair of jeans with large pockets.

I walked around, sat down and did some test draws wearing a pair of sweatpants. The retention is good with the sweatpants - you don't feel like the gun is going to fall down at all. I wouldn't do a Marine Corps Obstacle Course with the thing wearing sweatpants, but for EDC walking around, it seems like it will be just fine. However when you draw, and the holster is new and tight, you can pull the holster out with the gun if you really yank on it and have the pistol deeply holstered - at least with sweatpants. That's why I bought it with the removable clip. I expect that to get a little better as the holster breaks in. It does a very good job of covering the trigger and fitting the trigger guard, though, which I'm very happy to see.

At the same time, it gives you complete access to the grip of the gun and it also doesn't interfere with the safety mechanism. Even with the gun deeply holstered, there is still some "daylight" between the manual safety and the reinforced edge of the holster. So far to me that seems like the best idea for the holster.

It looks like it will last a long time, and it's <<<---MUCH--->>> nicer than my Rube Goldberg bubble-wrap-and-duct-tape temporary one night stand rig. :oops: :lol:

This holster was made with the embedded magnet for use with the Viridian "instant on" laser (which is the next addition to this pistol) and it still fits the standard LC9s and retains it well. I bought the "2 in 1" system with the detachable clip in case I want to wear it with a belt. The clip is affixed to the holster with a fairly stout button arrangement that feels like it can take at least 10 pounds or more of vertical pull.

At least at the 1 hour mark I'm impressed with the overall quality. The interior material is not particularly "soft" - like mouse fur or anything, but it's smooth and it doesn't seem like it will scratch or unduly wear the finish of the gun. It's not coarse, in other words, and you can opt for a softer lining if you want one.

It looks sharp just sitting on the desk. The material has a kind of "techno" quality to it that makes it look neat. So far, I'm pleased. As I use it more and break it in I'll report back. I'm a relative novice at holster purchases but I'm not disappointed with this, at least so far.

Port Side:

REMORA2.jpg

Starboard Side (with clip attached):

REMORA3.jpg

Underside showing fit of trigger guard:

REMORA1.jpg

The "one night stand" Duct Tape and Bubble Wrap Rig it replaces:

NON_REMORA.jpg

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Oh - ordering and shipping times. Mine took exactly 15 days from order placement, and that timeframe spanned two weekends. It arrived 2 days after it was shipped.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Al James said:
Interested in selling your old "holster"? :lol:

I don't think I'm comfortable picking up the liability concerns for that sale :lol: I enjoy sleeping at night, for the most part.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
24 Hour Report:

I still like the holster a lot, but I do have a gripe about the detachable clip. If you use the clip, the holster can rotate around the button the clip is affixed to the holster with. It's not an issue of it pulling off, it's a small rotation. What Remora should do is put a second button on the back side of the clip to prevent any rotation - or maybe even a sliding mechanism to allow you to adjust the angle of the clip with respect to the holster and hold it there.

I'm going to use two small pieces of adhesive velcro so that no matter what, the holster cannot rotate around the clip button, and it will also be repositionable for cant. At that point this holster will be very close to perfect. I carried it today with my LC9s and had no trouble at all except that at the end, I noticed the holster had rotated a little bit with respect to the clip - so I'm going to put a stop to that for about $0.50.

I noticed it after walking about 1/2 mile with it - wearing sweatpants, which are not ideal. What happens is that the holster gradually turns just a little bit around the clip button, which is a pivot point. The clip stays in the same place but the movement of your body causes the holster to jostle a little and rotate around the clip button. A 1/2 inch piece of double-sided adhesive velcro will fix that problem. Otherwise I really like it, it's a well-made product and feels sturdy and durable.

Latest posts