Is your LCP Chambered?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

neilin

Bearcat
Yes, mine is chambered, always. After you have shot your pistol enough to feel confident with it, you should then feel comfortable carrying a round in the chamber.

trjggerjerk

Bearcat
Always chambered. Always in holster that covers trigger. Pocket contains nothing but holstered pistol. Never try to put gun in into holster while holster is in pocket.

HadEmAll

Bearcat
Always carried with a Speer 90 grain Gold Dot JHP in the chamber and ready for action.

So fast and easy to pull from the pocket it'd be a shame to have to slow down to chamber a round in the heat of the moment, assuming I had both hands available at the time.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
All my carry guns are carried with one in the chamber period. It's not much good with a empty chamber.
Carrying it on a empty chamber and the time it takes to chamber one could get you killed in a life or death situation.

I carry Glocks once in awhile or a small J frame revolver.
My primary carry gun is a Sig P 938 w/ a round chambered, carried in a Talon IWB holster carried clocked and locked.

I just very recently started slipping a pretty early production LCP in my front pocket. As long and hard as this particular LCP's trigger is I feel comfortable carrying it with one chambered even without using a pocket holster. I do slip it in my pocket though using a Galco pocket holster.

drkirby

Bearcat
I am a new LCP owner (6/14/16), but not new to firearms or carry. I have only carried it chambered.

black029

Single-Sixer
When it's in its pocket holster in typical CCW fashion: yes.
Around the house, loose in a pocket with a toddler on the loose: no.

SamV

Buckeye
Yes chambered. Anything I carry has a round chambered. If I didn't feel that was a safe option, I would not carry that particular gun.

CGDustDevil

Buckeye
Nope... I never keep one in the chamber as a matter of course. If pull it to respond to a situation, I pull/rack it in one motion and it's got one in the pipe when it comes to bear. Doesn't cost me a second of time.

Hate to cause a stir, but you are wrong CGDustDevil... it takes a lot of time to chamber a round....

I recently took a very high stress course and it would have been really bad in most of the scenerios to have to actually take that second to chamber a round...

I one follows the four safety rules and carries a LC9s pro in a good holster there is no reason not to have one in the chamber.

Ballplayer

Bearcat
Mine stays chambered.........sometimes that "freehand" ain't so free to do what you need it to do, it could be busy defending yourself or maybe even injured, in that situation your empty pistol is no better than a paperweight.

jic

Bearcat
When ever I carry mined, it has a round in the chamber.
In the house the chamber is clear, but the magazine is full.

s4s4u

Hunter
CGDustDevil said:
Nope... I never keep one in the chamber as a matter of course. If pull it to respond to a situation, I pull/rack it in one motion and it's got one in the pipe when it comes to bear. Doesn't cost me a second of time.

It can be a bit difficult to rack the slide when that hand is busy fending off an attacker that has snuck up on you while pumping gas in your pickemup. Just sayin'