New to the Board

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jet Fixer

Bearcat
Just wanted to say hello and that I'm looking forward to hearing about your Ruger experiences. Currently I own a MkII that I have had since the early 80's, an LCP that I really like and have had for about a year and a new (to me anyway) LC9s that I just picked up and haven't had a chance to shoot yet. They are all great firearms.

I am curious about the LC9s. It is one of the shimmer gold cerakote models. I have heard that they are "limited edition". Any idea of how limited they really are?

First. Welcome to the forum.

The Ruger MK series pistols are amazing. I have a MKIII on order that should be arriving soon. The last Ruger Semi-auto I owned was a Ruger P97. It was great for it's time. Wish I would have got a P90 instead, I'd probably still have it.

Grandma had an LC9 for a while years ago and it had a lot of issues.

My father-in-law had a SR9C compact when they first came out and it always ran great. No peening issues. He recently traded it towards an AR and HD shotgun.

The most recent Ruger semi auto I've had my hands on is the Ruger American Pistol (RAP).

It is a GREAT gun and has a great trigger. Shoots just as well as a Sig P320 and Walther PPQ.

Most of the other Ruger semi-autos, I just haven't been too impressed with...

"shimmer gold cerakote models" ... limited edition... let's hope so. :)

Sorry, could not help it.... WELCOME!

I have a Lc9s pro model and really like it. It has converted me to these new fangled striker type semis.... few observations.... about it in particular.... that trigger is not to be taken lightly... training is imperative and the discipline of keeping ones finger off the trigger until the target is sighted in and you are ready to fire is a must with these. Second point is this is not a range gun for me... there is no way I'm taking one to the gun range and putting a couple hundred rounds through it... not pleasant at all... too much 'snap'.