Gun show find

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger45

Blackhawk
You can still find good guns at gun shows

20160409_152723_zpsagugp9iw.jpg

Cholo

Staff member
Great find! I have a 10" blued one. People look at it with WTF look on their faces. That is until they shoot. Then you can't wipe the smiles off their faces :mrgreen:

tinman

Buckeye
For me, finding good guns has never been an issue............finding good guns at decent prices, that's the issue.

Ruger45

Blackhawk
tinman said:
For me, finding good guns has never been an issue............finding good guns at decent prices, that's the issue.
It ain't a good find unless the price is right. :D :D

Tallbald

Buckeye
Congratulations! I proudly own a 10 inch stainless MK2 I bought NIB in 1985 for $225. A few years ago I had it drilled and tapped for the later Ruger MK2 slabside scope base, and now have mounted on it a wonderful Weaver 2X pistol scope. Some of my greatest fun at the range is to shoot it from a sandbag rest on a bench at clay birds set out at 125 measured yards. I hit them 9 out of 10 times consistently on windless days, just shooting CCI MiniMag hollow points. At 35 yards I can cover a five shot string with a nickel too. It's not that I'm that great a shot. The gun is just such a precision shooter!. I so wish that I'd have taken it squirrel popping back when I was able to get out into the field. A few times back in the day when cash was flush I considered getting a Volquartsen sear and hammer but never did. I still just have the factory trigger which has some creep, but I put a brass button over travel stop on it epoxied inside the trigger guard which helped mine a lot.
Congratulations again. Don.

santabob

Bearcat
regret the day i traded mine off. once killed a jack rabbit at 85 yards. fed it to the redtails.
great gun always thought it need a stock. but atf say no.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
I have one just like it I bought new years ago when I was working at a gun shop.
I took it out one time and put a few rounds through it not much after getting it. It shot well from what I can remember. For some reason I never think about taking it to our range. Every time I open the safe up I see it hanging on the safes door.

I have the box and everything that came with it. You might say it's NIB accept for a few rounds ran through it.