Ruger Standard VS MK II?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikewriter

Blackhawk
Will a barrel (bull) made for a MK II fit a Standard .22? Will the bolt from the Standard barrel work, or would I need a barrel specific to the Mk II?

mikewriter

Blackhawk
Wil, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your reply! Kinda got those same answers elsewhere, good to get a confirmation. Should have photographic proof of my own in the near future.

Mike

mikewriter

Blackhawk
Thanks. If my memories are right, I bought this one back in the '70's in a pawn shop in Pasadena, Texas. Always enjoyed shooting it - a lot. Let my soon-to-be ex-wife (I didn't know it at the time) carry it some on long car trips, she kept it when she took a really long trip and didn't come back! After years of trying (nearly 20), finally talked my son into getting it back for me. Planning to do all the things to it I dreamed of the years it was "gone". Suppressor is next on the list - I hope.

Al James

Hunter
mikewriter said:
Thanks. If my memories are right, I bought this one back in the '70's in a pawn shop in Pasadena, Texas. Always enjoyed shooting it - a lot. Let my soon-to-be ex-wife (I didn't know it at the time) carry it some on long car trips, she kept it when she took a really long trip and didn't come back! After years of trying (nearly 20), finally talked my son into getting it back for me. Planning to do all the things to it I dreamed of the years it was "gone". Suppressor is next on the list - I hope.

Nice! Reminds me of one of my favorite bumper stickers:

"I just got a gun for my wife....best trade I've ever made!"

mikewriter

Blackhawk
And it shoots! Ran a magazine of "good" .22 LR through it a few days ago, everything worked as it should, no FTF. This barrel already shows a lot better accuracy than the "stock" barrel, and I expect it to get even better as I have a chance to "fine tune" the scope. Just clamping it on with no adjustments, and on a different part of the receiver (more forward) than I had it on the old barrel it was putting shots in a 3" bullseye at 25 yards, offhand.

Latest posts