New LCP here and first post

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FlipsRuger

Bearcat
I picked up my LCP yesterday and look forward to a test day at the range. It's my first 380 as well, I have several other hand guns but this one was bought just to carry every day in my pocket. I have been carrying my small 9 but I wanted something a little smaller and on a budget of $200, this seemed to be the ticket.
Sure is small but I will get the hang of it I'm sure and I know this is not a range gun.

Has anyone tried the Underwood ammo in their Ruger LCP?

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Desantis Nemesis or Superfly is the way to go. My dealer is currently finding a stainless LCP for me, hopefully it will be here this week.

FlipsRuger

Bearcat
Yes, this is the first NO safety I've ever had and I will use it only in a empty pocket. I guess like they say the best safety is between your ears.

I have had my eye on the Nemesis for the last few days but I just ordered a shell from Alien Gear and will make my own backing. I may pick up a Nemesis for the pocket but I also am going to look through my stash and see what I have.

Robes

Single-Sixer
I have one that I carry in situations where I cannot carry a larger handgun. I have added a crimson trace to it, the extended mag and the Hogue grip. It now fits my hand VERY well. I have a pocket and an OWB holster with a thumb latch (I lead a very active lifestyle). I shoot it very well,... and I totally agree with the comment, "the safety is between your ears".

I would like to replace the old slide with a new SS slide. The old sites are almost non existent on the old slides

5of7

Hunter
I carry mine in the Fobus paddle holster that Ruger offers on their web site. It is a perfect fit for the LCP and I carry in the 10 O'clock position so that it is easily accessible from the seated position or when driving.

I also like the paddle design because it is easy to take off when I get home. Also it has that cute little Ruger logo on it that makes 'um look like a matched set.8)

cyborgt800

Single-Sixer
I haven't started carrying mine yet but have a wallet holster ready for when I do.

As for snagging on things...the trigger is so long and heavy, I think you'd really have to TRY and make it go off.

FlipsRuger

Bearcat
At this point I have not made it to the range , I'm trying to help my son finish his basement and it's taking longer than planned.(as usual)

For now I'm still using my small Taurus 709 as a carry gun but looking to lighten my load ASAP. The 709 works good but I can tell that the LCP will work better and with the Underwood 90gr ammo I will not be giving up much but I fully understand it's not a 9.

In my SmartCarry rig the little Ruger LCP disappeared under my jeans.

Thanks for all the replies.

fenriswolf039

Bearcat
New LCP here as well, couldn't find the custom in stock anywhere, so I did my own custom job on it... replaced all the pins and guide rod with stainless, and put in the Sweet Pea trigger... Had it for a few weeks now, and she's a real nice shooter so far.

ruger_upgrades.JPG

FlipsRuger

Bearcat
Very nice work fenriswolf039, looks like new to me. That Sweet Pea should work great. Good shooting my friend & be safe.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I put a Ruger LCP on layaway yesterday, an all black standard version for $209.95. I've been planning to get one for awhile now. The LCP is not an original design but I will say that Ruger made some definite improvements. The sights are larger and easier to use but still low profile. The trigger is a more comfortable shape and size and the pull is not as long. The extractor is a robust, big gun design that is not secured by a screw that has a habit of backing out. Overall, it feels more well thought out than the Kel-Tec original and the fact that it actually costs $30.00 less nowadays certainly doesn't hurt.

I'm planning to feed this pistol the Lee 356-102-2R lead bullet at 800-850 fps, which should be accurate and easy to shoot. Stay tuned!

FlipsRuger

Bearcat
FergusonT035 good deal, still have not made it to the range but I can't wait. It sounds like you are a loader, even better.

I loaded for a few years when I shot a lot but I packed up all my loading gear about 5 years ago when we we're moving after about 30 years. I have just not unpacked it yet but I must be thinking about it because a new 1 pound can of 748 & blue dot found its way home with me the other day. I wonder why? Time will tell I guess! :mrgreen:

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Robes said:
I have one that I carry in situations where I cannot carry a larger handgun. I have added a crimson trace to it, the extended mag and the Hogue grip. It now fits my hand VERY well. I have a pocket and an OWB holster with a thumb latch (I lead a very active lifestyle). I shoot it very well,... and I totally agree with the comment, "the safety is between your ears".

Do not have a Hogue grip, but otherwise Robes took the words right out of my mouth.

FlipsRuger

Bearcat
Ferguson, a loader & a caster. Very nice, I never got into bullet making but I could see how it would be a interesting thing to do. I was a Ink lab guy for about 37 years and I did like the way different powder, amounts of powders and bullet weights and types would change results of a 5 shot groups @ 100 yards. I had a lot of fun with my 22-250, loading gear and a few cans of bullets & powder. I did load for my 357, 9 and my 7-08 as well.