Ruger P95 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ml1209

Single-Sixer
Found one at the Pawn shop today for $229 + tax. Would you have bought?

Also, it's in pretty good condition. It's one of the later ones with the textured composite grip. Although it's not something I would normally get as there are many fine choices out there for a service pistol, I got it because it would be my steel-cased ammo gun. I have read the Ruger P series would handle the cheap Russian ammo just fine.

Ref pic:
P_95_1.jpg

cyborgt800

Single-Sixer
I have one on lay-a-way at a pawn shop...$280 plus a decent generic case.

I've never had any issue with my other Rugers eating Wolf/Tul ammo, but you might consider Federal Aluminum cased ammo at wallyworld. It's actually a buck a box cheaper than Tul and the bullet jacket itself doesn't have any steel in it.

demented

Single-Sixer
I'd go broke buying them at that price. IMO, ANY functional pistol under 250 that has a good track record is better than money in a bank, no way you you can't make a profit on it. Depending on the Prez election it might end up being worth more than gold.

ml1209

Single-Sixer
I'm already thinking about a Cerakote color for the slide. Not too crazy about the purplish tint. Either a bronze or a gloss black.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
You might find this helpful, this is by no means all the colors but provides a good cross section of the more popular ones. I'd do the H-234/C-239 "Sniper Grey" if it was my gun.

cerakote_colors_zpsjb2enzhl.png

Also if you do send it off somewhere to have it done turn around times are commonly 3 weeks as most places wait until there's enough items to coat and do them all in 1 or 2 days. So be prepared not to see it for about a month worst case. Or maybe you'll get lucky and it will arrive just before they do a batch, no way to tell really.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Actually I think I like the Sig Dark Grey even better now that I've looked at it some. It's kind of in the middle of the chart. "Combat Grey" is darker still.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
$229 ?

I've been told that P series guns go for $400+ ....

REV

Same, I'm not even a P nut. But I'd have bought it just to flip it. Probably on these forums to be honest at around $425-$450.

Along those lines if you do send it off for Cerakoting you'll kill any profit you'd have made most likely if you intended to sell it. It usually costs around ~$125-150 dollars. But if you are keeping it great, go for it.

cyborgt800

Single-Sixer
Here's the breakdown of my Ruger purchases last month.

P345 $390
KP90 $350
P89 $300
KP94 $450
P95 $280
RAP9+SR9E $816 out the door (I don't remember individual cost as a deal was made on the pair.)
LCP 380 $199

cavediver27

Bearcat
The P95 is one of the best pistols Ruger ever offered. I have owned two of them for many years, both are KP95DC's. The "decock only" is the the perfect design (in my humble opinion of course). They eat any and all ammo, are more accurate than I am, are soft shooting and feels great in my hand.
You made a great choice!

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The only thing I didnt like about the 95 was how friggin' huge it was for a "compact" pistol. I think Ruger should have put a 5" barrel and some real sights on it. Great pistol in its price range otherwise.

ml1209

Single-Sixer
What am I thinking?

Considering it's a Ruger P95, I'll just spray paint it black. $1.00 can from Walmart should do it.

welder

Buckeye
demented said:
I'd go broke buying them at that price. IMO, ANY functional pistol under 250 that has a good track record is better than money in a bank, no way you you can't make a profit on it. Depending on the Prez election it might end up being worth more than gold.

Yep.

I'll take any good P series for that price. I picked up several the last few years, some 98% complete guns, (P90s, P94s and P95's) and pitched them in the safe. They'll come in handy next dimocrat induced buying frenzy or other market driver. I've sold several this last year and have never had any trouble finding a buyer. I have cut my buying of them now and only pick up the bargains as the prices have gone up on the auction sites but I still run across one from an individual here and there. My LGS has started putting all the P series trade in's on Gunbroker all the while telling the traders they're worth pennies on the dollar. I have bought several from him in the past, now they never hit the shelf. He's on my watch list and I get notified every time one shows up on his auction site.

But yeah, good P series, good price, done deal.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
ml1209 said:
What am I thinking?

Considering it's a Ruger P95, I'll just spray paint it black. $1.00 can from Walmart should do it.
D

Now now....get some quality Krylon and forgo the Wally stuff.

Jschmatt

Bearcat
My P95 was a great gun. Only a couple misfires. I sold it to get the SR9E, which is much easier to carry.