Ruger P95 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
One sold at a local auction yesterday, brought $400.00! Another auction, same town, sold one for $450.00. Overloadded

welder

Buckeye
Wow, that's nice. I saw a couple go for 325-350 last few weeks and I sold a used one myself for 325 last Friday, turned around and bought another P89 the next day along with a pound of Power Pistol and 1000 CCI Small Pistol primers. Have a standing offer from a friend's son on the P89 but think I'm gonna keep it for now.

ml1209 said:
Found one at the Pawn shop today for $229 + tax. Would you have bought?

Also, it's in pretty good condition. It's one of the later ones with the textured composite grip. Although it's not something I would normally get as there are many fine choices out there for a service pistol, I got it because it would be my steel-cased ammo gun. I have read the Ruger P series would handle the cheap Russian ammo just fine.

Nope. This firearm utilizes a cast extractor prone to warping/breakage... steel case ammo is not recommended by Ruger or by most of the members here.

Also keep in mind. Now that this gun is no longer manufactured... it's been well established, here and other places that the parts are beginning to dry up for this model. Replacement of said extractor may take longer, or no longer a viable solution.

demented said:
I'd go broke buying them at that price. IMO, ANY functional pistol under 250 that has a good track record is better than money in a bank, no way you you can't make a profit on it. Depending on the Prez election it might end up being worth more than gold.

This is why you don't have any GOOD guns? :lol: J/K

Brules

Single-Sixer
I took my P89DC to the gun show today and no one interested at $300. It's NIB.

revhigh

Hawkeye
It's a 30 year old gun that was never that good even when it was new. Every major manufacturer makes a far better gun these days, including Ruger for just a little more money, for a current, modern gun. Would you buy a brand new RAP for $399 or a 30 year old no longer supported gun for $300 ?

I'd try to sell it here. There are many self proclaimed 'P Nuts' that should snap it up just because it's NIB.

Some here proclaim their value is skyrocketing, but the realistic value of a gun like yours is $225-250 ... Only because it's NIB. Far less than that at a gun shop. At $200-225 at the gun show, it probably would have sold. A dealer would offer you $150-175 tops ... At least where I live. Some wouldn't take it at any price because they could never sell it.

I'd keep it ... It's a decent, handsome, combat accurate, reliable weapon. For what you'd get for it ... It's not worth selling.

Good luck with your sale !

REV

Jschmatt

Bearcat
I paid $265 for mine used at a local shop. Stainless slide, original case, 2 mags, loader, and manual.

"Although it's not something I would normally get as there are many fine choices out there for a service pistol, "

Sure, there are "other fine choices" but are those choices actually BETTER? I've carried a P95 since they came out. I could carry anything I wish but haven't found another choice that improves on what the P95 offers.

Here's something interesting...
this past weekend I attended a class at the Sig Academy in N.H. on dealing with an active shooter event.
Short version: you put on protective gear and shoot either a Sig 226 or 229 modified to shoot fraggable ammo.... bad guys have the same thing.... I chose a Sig 229.... pistol is almost the same as a P95 only difference I could tell was the decock lever is smaller and more difficult to use on the Sig.

Ammo First

Bearcat
I have it on good Authority that a P95 can withstand a Nuclear Blast. The Preferred pistol for "Green light" teams :shock: