SR9 Night Sights For Sale at Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

crstfr

Bearcat
I'm thinking about buying these fully adjustable sights by Williams, not just factory elevation, as some other SR9 owners have with only 1/6 negative reviews. The 1 negative being the front sight kept sliding out. I assume they are night sights but the add doesn't say. I had friend that added Truglo night sights to his XD and the local gunsmith charged him about $140 for the sights with install. I saw the package and they were about $70 for the set. I assume the gunsmith marked them up because it doesn't seem that they would charge $70 for a few minutes labor.

http://shopruger.com/SR-Series-Sight-Set/productinfo/12936/

As my first handgun, the SR9 has way exceeded my expectations. Great gun.

Many thanks in advance for any help for this newbie forum member.

robilmichael

Bearcat
Hi, they are not night sights, just fiber optic sights. If you want a great pair of night sights that are also fiber optic night sights, I installed the TFX Pro Tritium sights on both my SR9 and SR9C. They are true very bright Tritium night sights that are also fiber optics for day time use. They are very bright, clear, easy to pick up and accurate in the day and night. They are slightly higher than the standard sights, but the guns still fit in my holsters without any modification. They are around $128 delivered. I installed them myself. Watch a few youtube videos on the sights and how to install them.

sargents1

Single-Sixer
robilmichael said:
Hi, they are not night sights, just fiber optic sights. If you want a great pair of night sights that are also fiber optic night sights, I installed the TFX Pro Tritium sights on both my SR9 and SR9C. They are true very bright Tritium night sights that are also fiber optics for day time use. They are very bright, clear, easy to pick up and accurate in the day and night. They are slightly higher than the standard sights, but the guns still fit in my holsters without any modification. They are around $128 delivered. I installed them myself. Watch a few youtube videos on the sights and how to install them.

The TFX Pro's are the ones that do away with Ski-jump profile to the front face of the rear sight and have a proper cocking ledge right? I have been looking for new sights for my SR9c and considering getting a new SR9 (full size) and part of what has held me back is lack of sight options.

Do the TFX Pro sights hit to the point of aim?

robilmichael

Bearcat
Yes, for me, the sights were dead on. I made sure that the front sight was exactly in the middle of the slide. The elevation was perfect. I normally shoot at 10 to 15 yards, and then at 7 yard for quick draw and double taps.

crstfr

Bearcat
Thanks for the tips guys. Are the TFX Pros still fully adjustable or are they fixed? I know that many owners only want fixed sites and as long as they are dead on, then there's really no need to adjust. I think the fact that the ones that come with the SR9 also have the side adjustment for windage is little over kill for a handgun.