P series parts?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

demented

Single-Sixer
Where can i find some parts for my Ruger 95's? My recoil springs in one 95 are weak, need both inner and outer springs. Looked at Wolf, unless I missed it they don't offer 95 recoil spring sets. Be nice to find extractors, firing pins and other springs too since I intend on keeping my Rugers come WROL or whatever. Also, anyone used 20# hammer springs? Wonder if these will cause light primer strikes?

22/45 Fan

Hunter
The recoil springs for the P-95 in particular seem nowhere to be found and, AFAIK, they aren't interchangeable with any of the other P-series guns. Ruger, Wolff and even Gun Parts don't list them. I looked for them about a year ago when I had a chance to buy a P-95 at a good price but passed when I realized I couldn't get even simple spares for it.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I loved the P guns too but didn't want to get stuck with a pistol shaped paperweight for lack of a $2.00 part. Replaced my P95 with a Glock 19 and haven't looked back.

tercel89

Single-Sixer
how about that place called Numrich. I think it's called that . They carry real odd parts and stuff.

UPDATE : I just looked and they are sold out for now . Don't give up !

22/45 Fan

Hunter
tercel89 said:
how about that place called Numrich. I think it's called that . They carry real odd parts and stuff.

UPDATE : I just looked and they are sold out for now . Don't give up !
They are now called "Gun Parts" and they have been out of P-95 recoil springs for a long time

Rei40c

Blackhawk
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Send it to Ruger. They may have parts?

I seem to recall another poster doing this in the past or attempting to, and getting the cold shoulder from Ruger. If I recall correctly they told him they do not stock any P series parts and this was years ago. I got the impression Ruger is out of the P gun support business completely.

Having said that, I suppose it's worth a try. All they can say is no.

Rei40c said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Send it to Ruger. They may have parts?

I seem to recall another poster doing this in the past or attempting to, and getting the cold shoulder from Ruger. If I recall correctly they told him they do not stock any P series parts and this was years ago. I got the impression Ruger is out of the P gun support business completely.

Having said that, I suppose it's worth a try. All they can say is no.

I've run into this before as well.

demented

Single-Sixer
Ruger does have 95 parts but none to sell. I'm lucky that my other 95 was made in 2013, still new enough that they are repairing it. I don't think they will do anything with the older pistol. So far everywhere I've tried for parts are sold out, unavailable or listed as discontinued.

roylt

Hunter
Swap the springs from your new pistol to the old and send it in. Worst case they say they can't fix it and offer you a different 9mm to replace it.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=537871305
You can spend $90 for parts that appear to be as worn or worse than what the OP already has.

The Midway listing you linked to would be good except it says; "temporarily unavailable" which should really say "permanently unavailable" since Ruger no longer makes them.

22/45 Fan said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=537871305
You can spend $90 for parts that appear to be as worn or worse than what the OP already has.

The Midway listing you linked to would be good except it says; "temporarily unavailable" which should really say "permanently unavailable" since Ruger no longer makes them.

Ruger already stated over the phone: "see other thread" that they don't support the gun any more.

The prices quoted are about what's expected when the parts dry up.

Hopefully a valuable point was made with this whole ordeal.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Why would anyone be buying these old, obsolete, unsupported, guns when there are newer, currently supported, far better guns available at comparable prices ?

If it works, fine, shoot it till it breaks, and then chuck it in the garbage. If it doesn't .... Move on and buy a newer and far better gun.

If you already own one or more .... You're stuck .... But why on earth would you buy one knowing it's obsolete ?

REV

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I think even the Ruger cheer squad has to admit this is a very valid point. Why buy a gun that has no parts or support available, factory or aftermarket? Now, if buying it as a collectible or just to scratch an itch that is perfectly understandable, but it makes no sense at all for a range gun or carry pistol.

The last P95's were made only three or so years ago and it's conceivable that some are still in the retail pipeline. I hope their owners enjoy being on a desert island.

revhigh

Hawkeye
FergusonTO35 said:
I think even the Ruger cheer squad has to admit this is a very valid point. Why buy a gun that has no parts or support available, factory or aftermarket? Now, if buying it as a collectible or just to scratch an itch that is perfectly understandable, but it makes no sense at all for a range gun or carry pistol.

The last P95's were made only three or so years ago and it's conceivable that some are still in the retail pipeline. I hope their owners enjoy being on a desert island.

It would be different if the guns were proven, timeless designs like the P226, CZ75, or 1911 ..., but they're not. They're just old, obsolete guns whose time has passed. If they weren't .... Theyd still be in production with parts readily available.

Time to let go ...... It's no big deal ... Just a few old guns that weren't world class even when they were new.

REV

hittman

Staff member
I enjoyed mine while I had them and they were flawless to operate.

But .... I saw the hand-writing on the wall and my interests changed to higher end semi-auto's and all the P-series guns went bye-bye.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I really enjoyed my P95 when I had it, and always recommended it to anyone needing reliable firepower on a budget. I paid $269.95 for mine in like new condition and probably spent too much. A P95 was my sister's first gun, she bought it brand new in 2001 for $199.95 when Antique & Modern ran some crazy special on them.

I still think of the P's as excellent guns that could have been world class if Ruger addressed the accuracy woes that plagued so many of them and made some badly needed updates. The P345 was red hot when it first came out, shops couldn't keep them in stock. Then the poorly designed mag safety started causing click/no bang problems from dry firing. Ruger could have easily fixed it, or just lose the mag safety entirely for those of us in free states. I guess they were just itching to roll out the SR's and so threw the P345 off the train instead.

I have to wonder if the SR series is going to meet a similar fate, and will be left high and dry when more versions of the RAP come out.