P series parts?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

welder

Buckeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
So the parts are dried up? Ruger has a few for repair? so you have to go through Ruger to get them? What about when they dry up? eventually they will... what then?

I don't know what Ruger has, just that they don't offer the parts on their site like they used to. I've yet to need a part, but if I do I'll try Ruger or just pull it out of my own stock. I picked up a couple parts kits, (everything except the frame), off GB before they got pricey. I have as late as last year requested parts from Ruger for my P90's and the only thing they wanted to know were the serial numbers. I have three P90's and three mag latch springs for insurance as well as recoil springs. I suppose if the day should ever come that I can't repair one I'll just part it out. I have multiples of each of my favorites so I should be good for at least another 100 years.

RugerMK2

Bearcat
I sold my Ruger P90 when I found out you cannot purchase a new recoil spring guide. They are made of aluminum and
wear out too fast to suit me. I did not wish to keep making one in my lathe. They are made of aluminum for a reason. If you
make one from stainless steel it will ruin the frame which is also made from aluminum. :(

welder

Buckeye
RugerMK2 said:
I sold my Ruger P90 when I found out you cannot purchase a new recoil spring guide. They are made of aluminum and
wear out too fast to suit me. I did not wish to keep making one in my lathe. They are made of aluminum for a reason. If you
make one from stainless steel it will ruin the frame which is also made from aluminum. :(

I didn't think I could afford enough ammo to wear out a P90 or even a guide rod?

RugerMK2

Bearcat
I didn't think I could afford enough ammo to wear out a P90 or even a guide rod?

Search on your computer and you will find information as well as pictures about these guide rods marring.
Some claim they have buffed or polished out the damage but this is not a good idea. :(

demented

Single-Sixer
If the P-90 rod is aluminum then its different than any of the other P series I've owned, all I've seen were stainless steel. Can't fathom why Ruger would design a pistol to use aluminum, it doesn't waer like steel and won't flex like plastic, can see how they wouldn't last very long.

RugerMK2

Bearcat
Your Quote> If the P-90 rod is aluminum then its different than any of the other P series I've owned, all I've seen were stainless steel. Can't fathom why Ruger would design a pistol to use aluminum, it doesn't wear like steel and won't flex like plastic, can see how they wouldn't last very long.<

Recently someone has been making an aftermarket stainless steel recoil spring guides for Ruger pistols sold on amazon.com. Read the reviews. The reason Ruger designed an aluminum guide rod is so it wouldn't ruin your pistol. The extra weight of stainless steel...........
well-let's just say you'll find out the hard way some day:)

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
22/45 Fan said:
demented said:
I contacted Ruger, they are sending both recoil springs.
That's surprising as they have told others the recoil springs are no longer available. Ask for a dozen and make a killing selling the extras! :mrgreen:

They told me they no longer send them out free and are saving what they have for work when someone sends them a P95. I was able to buy a couple but it took persuading. I own seven P95s : )

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
I was able to order recoil springs for a p944 ,but no more of the spring clips that hold them on the guide rod and no more rubber buffers either?Shopruger.com has them.
I also found midwayusa has firing pins which when i checked last week they had none.......so there are some parts out there and Ruger is slowly releasing some for sale.
i suspect that they are holding onto all the p series parts until paying customers want factory repairs?????

CCW

Bearcat
"So the parts are dried up? Ruger has a few for repair? so you have to go through Ruger to get them? What about when they dry up? eventually they will... what then?"

People said the same thing about the Colt snake guns.

Edited to add: I just finished looking on Gunbroker and Ebay and there are pages of P89 parts on both websites.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
Do any of the parts from the older P 95s work as spare parts for the P95 DPR? I have multiples of my other P series pistols but not the P95 DPR. Thanks.

Al James

Hunter
KP95DPR15 is just a P95DC with a accessory rail so it should share all the same parts. Except the frame of course. Haven't seen you around in a while NC!

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
Hey AL James,

I have been reading these P series threads regularly, but I just can't contribute much at all on the new Ruger offerings.

Hope that you are doing well.

Good to know that the older style P95s could be a parts gun for the railed versions. I did not know if the internals were the same or not.

toysoldier

Hunter
I bought a KP90DC from a fellow employee some years ago. I have since then acquired a total of 12 magazines, a "parts kit" that included everything but the frame, and another "parts kit" that only had small parts and grips. As much shooting as I do, my children will have to figure out whether to sell the gun with spare parts, or sell the parts separately.