P Series Pistols

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wildturk

Single-Sixer
I've searched the completed and active auctions on GB, AA and even the Classified section here but I can't find much regarding the current market for P Series pistol's. Are there buyers out there? It's time to thin out the heard a bit since the 1911 bug bit. Everything is NIB or excellent with whatever they shipped with. 89's, 93's, 94's, 95's, 97's and 345's. I'm not asking for prices or offering for sale.

cyborgt800

Single-Sixer
Try Armslist...I bought a few from there.

Send me a price list and I'll see if there's anything I can't live without!

427mach1

Blackhawk
I've got a P94 40 cal that I would probably let go if the price was right. Not a decock-only, though.

MedicYeti

Bearcat
There is a market, but not a huge one. I've been eyeing up p95's on GB but then I ask myself "do I need another pistol?" I also answer myself by saying "I don't have a 9mm Ruger so....."

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
I found a used p94DAO 40 cal with 2 11 round mags for $295. Been looking for one to go with my PC4 carbine. happy!
I ordered new recoil springs from shopruger.com How hard is it going to be to change out the springs?(I have the original swinging link type,NOT camblock)
__________________I love old rugers........

welder

Buckeye
Colonel Daddy said:
According to my local mom and pop store, people that have them are hanging on to them (as I am). They sold bushels of them, but seldom does one come back as a trade-in.

I was told today by my most trusted clerk at my LGS that all P series were going to GB. This after I jokingly asked her where all those worthless P's were, as I hadn't seen a trade in for a while. I've watched several but the bidding got to high even with my being able to pick it up at the store and I'd have to pay 6% tax.

Here's the latest:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=549313632

dfletcher

Blackhawk
wildturk said:
I've searched the completed and active auctions on GB, AA and even the Classified section here but I can't find much regarding the current market for P Series pistol's. Are there buyers out there? It's time to thin out the heard a bit since the 1911 bug bit. Everything is NIB or excellent with whatever they shipped with. 89's, 93's, 94's, 95's, 97's and 345's. I'm not asking for prices or offering for sale.

I just bought a LNIB P89 for $400.00 - that's a CA price though. They seem to go for a bit less in general but have climbed a bit lately.

Since the P89 isn't made anymore and poly framed pistols seem to be the rage (I just bought an HK USP Elite, my 1st "plastic pistol") perhaps the older fashioned P89 strikes a chord. I bought mine because it's "off roster" and I already have the +10 round mags for it.

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
yes those california gun laws are so bad that we are scratching our heads here in MA saying can it be so!
that there are states worse off than us?Buy all the guns you can afford.they are getting harder to find.
anyway, I have a p series heavy pistol now also. P944 40 cal.
it's good to have a variety of guns to practice with . teach new shooters, and start a collection. I think the P89 is fantastic, super heavy though, kinda wish I could find P91 which is same as P89 is size. I think the extra weight of the Ruger P series soaks up recoil extremely well. Tried shooting a Glock 22,fulll size gun, but the recoil was punishing after 100=200 rounds. I own a Glock 9mm and it's much better.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
dfletcher said:
I just bought a LNIB P89 for $400.00 - that's a CA price though. They seem to go for a bit less in general but have climbed a bit lately.

Since the P89 isn't made anymore and poly framed pistols seem to be the rage (I just bought an HK USP Elite, my 1st "plastic pistol") perhaps the older fashioned P89 strikes a chord. I bought mine because it's "off roster" and I already have the +10 round mags for it.
Wolff Gunsprings still lists a variety of both recoil and hammer springs for most of the P-series except they show no recoil springs for the P-95. So, your P-89 is still supported by the aftermarket, at least for now.

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
No thanks on the P series. The parts are dried up... Ruger has a few for repair... maybe. I hear conflicting on this. What about when their stock dries up?

I was able to order recoil springs for a p944 ,but no more of the spring clips that hold them on the guide rod and no more rubber buffers either?Shopruger.com has them.
I also found midwayusa has firing pins which when i checked last week they had none.......so there are some parts out there and Ruger is slowly releasing some for sale.
i suspect that they are holding onto all the p series parts until paying customers want factory repairs?????

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
I was at a Gun Show yesterday......not a P series to be had that I could see.

I have a few of the KPs, some barely used and a KP94DC 40cal that (yes Roy) still has never been fired and still has the new little stickers on the side. I got that in a group buy and felt compelled to get a thousand or two rounds of .40 cal just in case. That is the only darn .40 I have.

The KP93 and KP94 are both DC, however my KP89 is safety. I do look for possibly getting a KP or P95, but only when I'm at the gun shows and think about it. Can't recall if my KP90 is DC or not.

I handled the Ruger American 9mm yesterday....and the P95 thoughts disappeared LOL. Gotta research those a bit more. But I think there is still a market for the P series. Just saying.

gtxmonte

Buckeye
I have a NIB P-90 in the classifieds, with 4 factory Ruger mags. Not a single reply. I based the price on what guys HERE on the board have said they paid or would pay for one..........no responses

cyborgt800

Single-Sixer
gtxmonte said:
I have a NIB P-90 in the classifieds, with 4 factory Ruger mags. Not a single reply. I based the price on what guys HERE on the board have said they paid or would pay for one..........no responses

And that price is???