LC9s: Sage Cerakote model 3258

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Do any of you have this model?
http://ruger.com/products/lc9s/specSheets/3258.html

I'm looking for my first handgun and a local dealer has the LC9s in this model. I think the gun looks awesome brand new, but what I am particularly interested in is how the finish on the slide holds up to wear and whether or not I'd be better off waiting for a blued version. I'd imagine wear would be less noticeable on the blued version. Thanks guys.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
I've never owned one myself but I've seen Cerakote wear but only after heavy use that would have worn any other finish as well. I mean really heavy use, people who shoot a lot of competition and may practice thousands of repetitions drawing from a holster/ reholstering as practice. In those cases I see the wear in the usual places , (mainly around the muzzle). I'm positive if I gave one of these guys my factory finish Glock the exact same wear patter would show within a years time.

I also know in years past there where two different kinds of Cerakote, one was heat treated and was rumored to be much stronger. In short I would buy with confidence and not worry a bit about it wearing off. You'd REALLY have to be working hard to have an issue with that I think. But you are correct because of the color normal wear will show up clearer than a blued gun.

For what it's worth I'd go for it, just my opinion. I like the color on that gun. And welcome to the forum. :)