American now on Closeout?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lostdog

Bearcat
mohavesam said:
I see CDNN has the Ruger American pistols on sale for $469. Two magazines, 9mm.
Well, that didn't last long? :shock:

Thats what we sell them at,got more order. 3 people waiting on them to come in. I hope we get a 45 in a range gun for people to try , and the compact version too...
:lol:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Here's hoping CDNN didn't buy up the last 9mm lots... not my cup o coffee, but it seems somebody like them.
Word around town is they just couldn't hold the accuracy to MIL "cone of fire" rqmts.

Mike J

Hunter
I don't think they are on closeout. I have seen them cheaper than that a couple of places online. Ruger semi-autos usually sell for around 80% of MSRP. So if MSRP is $579 IIRC 10% of that would be roughly $58. 8x58=464 so that would put the RAP right about in the ballpark of what Rugers usually sell for related to MSRP.

revhigh

Hawkeye
mohavesam said:
Word around town is they just couldn't hold the accuracy to MIL "cone of fire" rqmts.

LOL ... Surprising ! :roll:

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
22/45 Fan said:
The same CDNN e-mail had the Sig P226 and SA's XDS on sale. Do you think those are being closed out too?

Nope ... Doubtful the RAP is either. Probably just trying to dump a bunch of them ... If that's true ... Not saying it is ... Once word gets out ... Sales could plummet.

REV

CDNN is now a RUGER distributor and so they have access to Ruger's entire line...think whatever you will. And believe whatever rumors you like.....

Did you here that from someone who knows what they are talking about or just passing on What you heard? The RAP exceeded all the requirements of the new Modular Pistol Program and you can do a little research and verify that if you are interested. The reason Ruger will probably decide to not enter the RAP into the trials is a simple decision based on the best interests of their stockholders which they are lawfully obligated to protect, winning the competition doesn't guarantee your awarded contract. You are obligated to give up the rights to allow the least expensive vendor to build the gun. (Think Armalite Rifle design and Colt manufacture)

If you don't own the gun and you don't have the facts...all is speculatation, which is worthless to me, but we shall see in the end...

I value the opinions of those who own the gun and those you KNOW THE FACTS...TOO MANY ARMCHAIR EXPERTS spread false or made up stories...self fulfilling prophecies...based on bias and no personal experience...

Oh, and BTW - Ruger sold 20000 RAP pistols prior to their announcement in January and have since shipped almost that many more....*****(deleted by request) pistols in two months time...a real failure....I'll bet CZ, SIG and Springfield wish they could FAIL like that :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

revhigh

Hawkeye
I didn't say it I just commented.

No reason to get hysterical again.

Why don't you comment to the person who made the stmts.

REV

Actually, I Was not responding to your post...but you suggest hysteria, what is hysterical in my post, I would like to know? Don't want to offend....

I was just referencing in general terms what opinions and knowledge I value, nothing more, nothing less..

Going tomorrow to put another 250 rounds thru my RAP 9mm, flawless so far...in case you are interesting in hearing feedback from someone who owns one...

mohavesam

Hawkeye
NH, I only know what I know by knowing those who know... This is a small business community, and I'm sure someone in NH knows other things.

mohavesam said:
NH, I only know what I know by knowing those who know... This is a small business community, and I'm sure someone in NH knows other things.

I completely understand (you think you have a small business community, have you ever been to Newport :D)and I agree that NH knows some things as well as AZ knows....(I only know what I know by knowing those who know, too!)

I am sure we could compare notes...and just responded to your PM, thanks for sending it.

Sometimes the facts get skewed as they make their way across the country...believe me, I have heard some interesting things, as I am sure you have, too

revhigh

Hawkeye
Nh Rugerman said:
The RAP exceeded all the requirements of the new Modular Pistol Program and you can do a little research and verify that if you are interested.

Please post a link showing this data.

Also please provide a link showing 40,000 RAP's sold so far ... I could find nothing on that subject.

Thx

REV

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Not at all. One reason I prefer this forum is that not only collectors & enthusiasts class-up the place, I know we have employees, retirees, suppliers and execs here. Every now and then I hear about shirt & tie employees perusing the forums during working hours, too! - one reason I abhor trolls and non-family-friendly threads!

hittman

Staff member
https://www.sofmag.com/ruger-ceo-mike-fifer-on-the-ruger-american-pistol/

...... the development team initially dug into the U.S. Military's Joint Combat Pistol Specification, and then the subsequent Modular Handgun System (MHS) program, with the goal of producing a pistol that would meet or exceed the military's requirements.

...... Ruger says users will need to exert about 6 lbs. of trigger pressure for a clean, crisp break. The trigger completes its reward journey by coming to rest against a small over-travel stop molded into the trigger guard. The pistol evaluated for this review exhibited a 5-lb., 14-oz. trigger pull which was in line with its specifications.

...... Thanks to the light take-up and clean break, the trigger was smooth and comfortable to work. The click of the short trigger reset was certainly present but not quite as distinctive as with some other designs. This subtlety of the trigger reset was not a deal breaker, even though it took a while to get a feel for it.

...... how often can high pressure ammunition be fired before causing significant levels of wear and tear? ...... one of the company's primary goals in adhering to military standards while developing the American Pistol was to ensure that every component would successfully survive 20,000 rounds of firing without the need for replacement or repair. Not only did the Ruger American Pistol meet this standard it flew right past it with over 25,000-rounds of 9×19 mm NATO ammunition fired (the military round operates at near +P pressure levels).

Bench rested five-shot groups demonstrated solid defensive accuracy with group sizes averaging right around 3" at 25 yds.

mohavesam said:
Not at all. One reason I prefer this forum is that not only collectors & enthusiasts class-up the place, I know we have employees, retirees, suppliers and execs here. Every now and then I hear about shirt & tie employees perusing the forums during working hours, too! - one reason I abhor trolls and non-family-friendly threads!

And sometimes they are perusing at night and send private emails requesting you delete some information :oops: :oops: :oops: