LCP Trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ronelite

Bearcat
I am sure that this has been a topic before. However, I have a LCP and my hands are a little large and every time I shoot it the trigger bites my finger. I have tried to pull the trigger with a different position on my finger, but still ends up with some trigger bite. Is there a better trigger that can be installed? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

joemsj51

Bearcat
The LCP is not a weekly/biweekly range gun. When dialing it-in for defensive purposes and to stay sharp once every six weeks, I apply a Tough Band-Aid to my trigger finger for protection. Then I only fire a single magazine and switch to another gun.....9mm

I paid for an entire hour at the range and I'm usually gone in 20 minutes. I'm OK with spending 25 bucks there..... not more.
12 for the range fee and 13 for ammo that day...... that's all I'm forfeiting 8-9 times per year.

Should the wife get her Beretta Tomcat .32ACP as planned, we may cut down the visits per year to six and share one stall there, taking up an entire hour and exiting without feeling cheated.

Jagrmaister

Bearcat
I just picked up an LCP yesterday. Shot it 40 rounds, and probably 50x dry fire on top of that. I didn't have an issue and would have likely continued firing had it not been for some teething issues in the reliability department. I disagree with Joems, you should practice with what you carry...more than just one magazine every 6 weeks. I don't see an issue with firing a box through this pistol but I hoard small carry-sized pistols and shoot them often for the punishment. Galloway Precision makes an upgraded trigger (Sweet Pea) for the LCP but I have no experience with it. Search here or google and I'm sure you'll find more on the subject. Your only other option seems to be finding a way to nab one of the wider red custom ones from Ruger somehow.