Sites for a 9e

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Poppy42

Bearcat
Anyone know what sites fit the 9e mine came with 3dot and as my eyes aren't as young as they used to be and I would like to change them but I have been told that they are different from the SR9 sites. I have emailed Ruger twice and have not received a reply. Also dose anyone think changing the color of the front one would be any help or am I just wasting my time and money on paint ( I was thinking of a light green or day- glow)

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Poppy42 said:
Anyone know what sites fit the 9e mine came with 3dot and as my eyes aren't as young as they used to be and I would like to change them but I have been told that they are different from the SR9 sites. I have emailed Ruger twice and have not received a reply. Also dose anyone think changing the color of the front one would be any help or am I just wasting my time and money on paint ( I was thinking of a light green or day- glow)

If I'm not mistaken the 9E sights are a standard Novak cut dovetail, but you might want to have that verified by a gunsmith. If that's the case then any Novak cut sights will fit the 9E.

The usual SR9, 9C, & SR40 sights are a larger Ruger specific dovetail cut.

websterz

Single-Sixer
I blacked out the rear sight dots on my SR9. It really helps me with front sight/target acquisition. My groups at defensive distances shrunk dramatically!

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
websterz said:
I blacked out the rear sight dots on my SR9. It really helps me with front sight/target acquisition. My groups at defensive distances shrunk dramatically!

No disrespect intended, but why are you bothering with sight alignment at 10' or so? All that does is slow you down, and the first one to pull the trigger usually wins. You've got 17+1 to hit a target that's about 1'w x 2' h. You ought to be able to put most of those bullets in that rectangle just shooting from the hip in about 6 sec or less. I can all day long, and I'm 71 with poor eyesight. :)

websterz

Single-Sixer
I don't HAVE to use my sights at that distance. But knowing that I can acquire the front sight quickly, and knowing that I can shoot tight groups out to 25 and 30 feet, I just makes me feel better.