New FMK pistol FTF

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Finally got around to shooting the 'free' pistol I got from Front Sight for joining as a lifetime member... this is an FMK 9mm ... pretty much like Glocks or the new Rugers with the double trigger and striker fired mechanics.... shot pretty well except that about 3 our of 30 rounds fired were fail to fires... seems the trigger did not reset fully or something did not work right... it would chamber a round but when you pull the trigger nothing happens.... no click or anything.

I'll welcome all comments and suggestions... not sure if this is a problem or just a breaking in thing or possibly even a lube issue...

Shoot it a few hundred more times...that is my recommendation and try different brands of ammo and different bullet sizes, I.e. 115gr, 124gr, 147gr...if it continues, then you have an issue..or it could be a mag issue IF it is happening on the same round each time...as they say in the great state of Maine, "hard tellin', not knowin'"

Rei40c

Blackhawk
blume357 said:
Finally got around to shooting the 'free' pistol I got from Front Sight for joining as a lifetime member... this is an FMK 9mm ... pretty much like Glocks or the new Rugers with the double trigger and striker fired mechanics.... shot pretty well except that about 3 our of 30 rounds fired were fail to fires... seems the trigger did not reset fully or something did not work right... it would chamber a round but when you pull the trigger nothing happens.... no click or anything.

I'll welcome all comments and suggestions... not sure if this is a problem or just a breaking in thing or possibly even a lube issue...

Your post got me curious so I got to digging online for info about what the FMK even is. I won't bash a gun I've never even seen or fired, and while it's true there's bad hype about anything... there seems to be more than the average amount of people with troubles. It's there for anyone who cares to look.

Anyway one thing I found of possible significance that may relate to the trigger no bang issue, a recall notice from 2013 here. http://fmkfirearms.com/fat_recall/

Glancing over it seems to relate to a drop safety issue but does involve a trigger replacement. Is it possible your pistol missed this recall Blume? There's picks on how to tell at a glance if you have the new trigger group. While a completely different problem I'd have to think a new trigger should help the problem you are having as well, maybe?

thanks for the responses.... I left the pistol with a friend to shoot some more (I don't have time right now) but I don't think it is the older trigger problem since I got the pistol new this past Fall.. as for Jim Lukes link .... not that problem... the pistol cycled and chambered rounds perfectly... it's just the reset on the trigger or the parts inside that was the problem...