Ruger American 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lostdog

Bearcat
First Good disassemble of the American I seem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wzAe0kw_v4
Enjoy!!!

neilin

Bearcat
I took my new Ruger American Pistol 9mm to the local outdoor range, today. You are only allowed to shoot at 25 yards, bad deal for checking a new gun. It shoots high at that range. I put 106 rounds through it (2 17 round magazines). 92 grain lead cast bullets, 115 grain hollow points, and 115 grain FMJ Remington. Everything fed. I liked the trigger pull. My local gun shop measured the trigger pull at 7 pounds. Ruger is advertising a 6 pound pull. The tool used to measure the pull was hand held and may not be precise. At this point, I am extremely pleased with the Ruger American Pistol. Anything else would be un-American!
Back with another report on my Ruger American Pistol in 9mm.I now have 230 founds through the RAP. Again at the outdoor range where we are restricted to 25 yards. The winds were gusting to 20 mph, so I was grouping from bulls eye to mostly left of bulls eye. My buddy was shooting similar with his Glock. With some hollow point reloads I had two stoppages and two times the slide went forward and chambered the round when I inserted the magazine on reloading, the first stoppage the slide did not go back for enough to chamber the next round. The next one failed to chamber. On the first, probably not quite enough powder, and the second possibly the bullet was not seated deep enough. With factory loads 115 and 124 gr FMJ no problems. This is not a target gun. It is a practical defense gun.Am I still loving it? You bet! And, I hope to obtain the RAP .45.
I have taken my Ruger American Pistol 9mm to the range (25 yards) a few more times. I really enjoy shooting this pistol! After three additional batches of reloads, I came up with a load that functions the pistol 100% using a 124 grain bullet. All factory loads have worked 100% throughout my testing. The sight picture is easy to pick up. Easier than many other pistols, I might add, especially for my old eyes that no longer focus. The winds have been under 10 mph which made grouping toward center much easier. All total I have put 521 rounds through the Ruger American Pistol and have enjoyed every shot! Trigger pull tests at 6 pounds.