Ruger LCP Hammer Spring - question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunsrfun1

Bearcat
Hello all:
Today I installed a Hogue Handall grip on my new LCP Custom. (Haven't shot it yet.)
Anyway, once the spring seat was out, I noticed that the spring seat pin (aka Part #33) has two grooves in it (one on the left and one on the right), and the hammer spring (Part #25) in mine is seated in the left groove.
I checked one of those quickie disassembly videos on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED3Zd4dZwIA), and I believe this is normal. But then I watched another video of a guy diassembling his LCP, and his spring was positioned directly in the center of the seat pin. That doesn't strike me as normal, esp. since the pin has two grooves in it. (I am assuming they manufacture the pins with two grooves so that the pin can be inserted either way.)
So my question is: What is the normal position of the hammer spring on the spring seat pin?

perlsi

Bearcat
My guess is that the grooves are so the spring doesn't go farther to either side than the groove. Mine was in the center when I installed the RTK trigger and I reassembled it that way.