P94 missing recoil spring retainer ok to shoot without

Help Support Ruger Forum:

joeyb3111

Bearcat
Ive got a P 94 and I'm wondering if its ok to shoot without the recoil spring retainer. I just lost it and I want to replace so I got two questions. Can I shoot without it and not worry about a failure and where can I find the replacement? I'm calling Roger tomorrow but if anyone has advice please let me know.

Al James

Hunter
Should be fine without it. They are known to go missing for no known reason. :shock:

Yep, should work fine.... but you can call/ contact Ruger and they will send you another one for free... I got two just a few months ago.

On 2nd thought.... P94? would that happen to be a decock only? if so, then the gun in now broken and useless and you need to sell it to me for a song.... been looking for a P94 for a while. :)

427mach1

Blackhawk
Mine kept falling off until I finally lost it. It worked fine without it but I did call Ruger and they sent me out a replacement.

roylt

Hunter
I need more info to comment. You mean just the little clip that holds it together or the end piece went missing during field strip?

Just the little clip missing should not bother but if you lost the "spacer" piece, that may effect recoil and spring staying in the slide.

Please clarify.

Keep the P-guns alive!!