Ruger P90DC questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GKC

Blackhawk
I was in my local gun shop today, picking up a gun I had ordered, and I saw in their used case a Ruger P90DC. The tag on it said "$219, 2 mags, no box." I didn't ask for them to take it out of the case, since they were busy and I was in a rush myself, but just looking at it through the glass it looked to be in good shape. This shop is one I trust not to sell problem guns (they check used guns over and test fire them before they put them out for sale) as much as I would trust anyone.

What do you think about the price? Will Ruger still support these guns if a repair should need to be made?

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
At that price buy it. Especially if it is SS and decock only. That was my first gun, the KP90DC.

I rarely shoot it but today I took it to the range. I had forgotten how soft a shooter it is and way more accurate than it should be at its price point.

Sad to say but Ruger will not do any warranty repair on a P90.

GKC

Blackhawk
It looks like magazines are plentiful on Gunbroker...I wonder about parts like recoil springs, etc. Too bad that Ruger won't support these fine guns any more, but then if they aren't in production I guess that is to be expected. At this price, if it checks out when I look at it more closely, it might be worth the risk!

Good Lord, to hear some folks here you'd think these pistols break if you just look at them. Actually the recoil spring retaining ring on one of my P95's did dissaprear .... I've got the free replacement sitting in a very small bag on my desk for when I get around to it....

I'd buy it in a heart beat if for no other reason than to pass it on at cost to someone here... then again I think that violates all kinds of federal laws.

Al James

Hunter
GKC said:
I was in my local gun shop today, picking up a gun I had ordered, and I saw in their used case a Ruger P90DC. The tag on it said "$219, 2 mags, no box." I didn't ask for them to take it out of the case, since they were busy and I was in a rush myself, but just looking at it through the glass it looked to be in good shape. This shop is one I trust not to sell problem guns (they check used guns over and test fire them before they put them out for sale) as much as I would trust anyone.

What do you think about the price? Will Ruger still support these guns if a repair should need to be made?

If you dont buy it please forward me the dealers info so I can. Thanks

GKC

Blackhawk
Well, I missed out. I wasn't able to go to the gun shop until this morning, but I was there when they opened. The gun was gone...sold on Saturday.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
GKC said:
Well, I missed out. I wasn't able to go to the gun shop until this morning, but I was there when they opened. The gun was gone...sold on Saturday.

:lol: I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. My latest was involving the M&P Shield. This was a while back now when they where very new. I humm'd and haa'd about it over the counter because it was a little too expensive. I wanted it for $50 less than the posted price. Walked out without it and it was not seen again in my area for months due to shortages.

GKC

Blackhawk
Rei40c said:
:lol: I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. My latest was involving the M&P Shield. This was a while back now when they where very new. I humm'd and haa'd about it over the counter because it was a little too expensive. I wanted it for $50 less than the posted price. Walked out without it and it was not seen again in my area for months due to shortages.

Before I retired, I bought many guns, usually on impulse and on sight. Now that I'm retired, I have to be more conservative financially, and I tend to wait and do some research, ask questions, etc. Sometimes I miss out on a good deal, and sometimes I avoid buying something I regret. Too bad I didn't win that $1 billion lottery...if I had, then I might be able to buy on impulse again. :lol:

Razor

Bearcat
I paid $200 for my P90DC at a pawnshop. Only 1 mag, though.
Took me about 15secs to think about it.

Zebraranger

Single-Sixer
Its a good price. If in good condition, I'd buy it. They're very stout, robust, reliable and accurate. I've had mine for a long time now and haven't had any issues with it.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
The P90 does have one flaw. The magazine release spring is prone to breakage (Probably when people slam the magazine home). That little spring is not available anywhere.

roylt

Hunter
Not sure I would call it a flaw if the gun works for 20 years before failing.

Al James

Hunter
MountainWalker said:
The P90 does have one flaw. The magazine release spring is prone to breakage (Probably when people slam the magazine home). That little spring is not available anywhere.

I just got 2 from Ruger 2 weeks ago. YMMV :shock:

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Al James said:
MountainWalker said:

I just got 2 from Ruger 2 weeks ago. YMMV :shock:

Al, Are you talking the "Magazine Latch Spring" #KQ02700 ??