LCP Problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

louchia

Single-Sixer
After about 400+/- rounds, I noticed a fracture on the metal insert that houses the trigger mechanism. The crack is at the top of the insert where it forms a rail that engages the slide. Appears to be metal fatigue.
Sent the gun back to Rugar. I'll report back in a few days after they look it over.
Anyone else have any similar problem?

louchia

Single-Sixer
I've had mine about 6 months. It's my EDC, so I make an effort to shoot a few rounds regularly. When I first took it to the range I shot 100-150 rounds of several different brands and my choice of HP to make sure of the reliability.
Just checked FED X . The package arrived in Prescot, Ar. Should be delivered to Rugar today. Should hear something early next week. I'll let you know.

Nano65

Bearcat
louchia said:
After about 400+/- rounds, I noticed a fracture on the metal insert that houses the trigger mechanism. The crack is at the top of the insert where it forms a rail that engages the slide. Appears to be metal fatigue.
Sent the gun back to Rugar. I'll report back in a few days after they look it over.
Anyone else have any similar problem?
I have 420 rounds through my LCP Gen2. Based on your post I just now inspected mine for a crack and didn't see one. Let us know what Ruger says.

exavid

Hunter
I have an LCP I bought around five years or so ago with around 800 rds through it with no wear or cracks that I can find. It took that many rounds through the little thing before I felt reasonably competent with it.