why not a...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
Why not a new cartridge for the LCP? I am thinking a rimless 32 Mg. loaded to about 1000 fps using a 95 or 100 gr. bullet.

The regular rimmed 32 Mg. is loaded to about 20K or so, so it should be easy and safe to up the pressure to 25-30K and if necessary shorten the case up to an even 1".

Whaddya think? 8)

joemsj51

Bearcat
I think we need to take a little snap out of that little gun's shot. So I vote to think smaller than 90-95-100.

To example where my mind-frame is, I recently purchased the Ruger ARX 80 grain cartridge for my 9MM PT111 G2. Not looking to have it shoot like my wife's 22LR pistol, but certainly more controllable than any 115-124gr cartridge.

Lets put Mr. Limp Wrist in a permanent lock-up forever.....lol :lol:

5of7

Hunter
joemsj51 said:
I think we need to take a little snap out of that little gun's shot. So I vote to think smaller than 90-95-100.

To example where my mind-frame is, I recently purchased the Ruger ARX 80 grain cartridge for my 9MM PT111 G2. Not looking to have it shoot like my wife's 22LR pistol, but certainly more controllable than any 115-124gr cartridge.

Lets put Mr. Limp Wrist in a permanent lock-up forever.....lol :lol:

I too am using the ARX bullets in the .380. That bullet is 56 gr. and the velocity is rated at over 1300 fps, although in the little LCP I would guess that it is more like 1150 or so.

I tested it on some milk jugs filled with water against the standard 95 grain FMJ. The results were outstandingly in favor of the ARX design.

I think this concept is a very useful development, especially for PD guns in calibers that might be considered marginal, IE the .380, the .38 Sp. and the .32 Mg.

Right not it is only available in the .380, the 9MM. the 40 S&W and the .45ACP. The last 2 or 3 of which really don't need much/any help to be effective. 8)

joemsj51

Bearcat
5 OF 7
Reduced recoil too in .380 and no feeding problems?..... right?
Even with the 9mm 80grain version that's rated +p on the box, the felt recoil is about 25% less. No feeding problems on the 9mm, except when opening the slide manually to remove the chambered cartridge. Sometimes the philips screwdriver bullet-end gets hung-up there. That's probably expected with a design like that.

5of7

Hunter
joemsj51 said:
5 OF 7
Reduced recoil too in .380 and no feeding problems?..... right?
Even with the 9mm 80grain version that's rated +p on the box, the felt recoil is about 25% less. No feeding problems on the 9mm, except when opening the slide manually to remove the chambered cartridge. Sometimes the philips screwdriver bullet-end gets hung-up there. That's probably expected with a design like that.

No feeding problems at all and reduced recoil, although the LCP is a locked breech design, so the recoil isn't that much of a problem in the first place. 8)

FergusonTO35

Hunter
There is the .32 NAA, a .380 necked down to take a .312 bullet. As far as I know only North American Arms ever chambered it in anything. I am already well set up to load .32 Auto, I would like to see an LCP in this cartridge. Yeah, about as likely to happen as a GP-100 in .38 S&W. :roll: