2nd LCP Magazine needed.... but which one?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

joemsj51

Bearcat
......should I buy the 6 or longer 7-round magazine?
Does the 7-round magazine really add a finger to the pistol grip? If not, then I prefer to keep the entire pistol small-as-possible.
Thanks for any help in advance.

joemsj51

Bearcat
Locally, everyone is sold-out of the LCP magazines right now, except Cabelas, who shows the 7-round as being in stock. I'm headed there today (160 miles roundtrip - yikes) and thanks for your reply.
Moderators can delete this thread, if-so they desire.

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
You can get the Mag Guts conversion kit and convert all your six round magazines into seven rounds. It doesn't change the size or shape of the magazine nor does it affect reliability. Cost is between $20 and $25, I think.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Try the 7 round factory magazine. I did and I love it. It does give just a little bit of extra grip space without really making the pistol any less concealable. One extra round won't make a huge difference but it's nice having one more round on board.

joemsj51

Bearcat
The just-arrived new one is in-the-house and on my bedroom dresser, spring being broke-in with seven Federal 95gr FMJs.
Thanks everyone.

exavid

Hunter
I have a couple Ruger LCP mags and a pair of ProMags as well. Both work fine. I did do some filing on the ProMag floor plate plastic to shape them more like the Ruger ones.

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
http://shopruger.com/LCP-7-Round-Extended-Magazine/productinfo/90405/
It seems like a lot of money for a different magazine base plate on the standard magazine.
Geoff
Who bought an aftermarket baseplate that does the same thing.