What replacement follower will work in Ruger P series 45's?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
Here you go:

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazine-parts/magazine-hardware/1911-magazine-conversion-kits-prod24743.aspx

demented

Single-Sixer
Thank you sir. I had looked at those but wasn't sure they fit in the tube or even work at all. I've not owned any P's in over ten years, am getting back into them with a vengeance, have bought a P-85, two 95's and the 97 in the last two months. Was afraid they'd get hard to get if I waited too long.

Al James

Hunter
Well welcome back! Sounds like you caught the P bug...often overlooked but IMO they are great guns!! Seems many of us can't stop at one P series.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I replaced all of mine with Tripp Research skirted followers. Reduces to 7rds but mags the mag work great. Same style as the factory only skirted and identical to the one in the SR1911 checkmate 8rd mag.

demented

Single-Sixer
Is this the follower with the metal tab and looks sorta like a wilson 7 round follower? Also did you have to change springs? Seven round capacity is not a problem for me. Sorry for all the questions.....AND thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply!

modrifle3

Buckeye
demented said:
Is this the follower with the metal tab and looks sorta like a wilson 7 round follower? Also did you have to change springs? Seven round capacity is not a problem for me. Sorry for all the questions.....AND thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply!

https://www.trippresearch.com/store/store_1911.html

Here is the link . . . the factory spring will work with most followers, however since the design of the factory devel follower and this one is the same, there is no issue.

If you search my post you will see several on this follower. At one point I was selling new magazines with the upgrade and followers themselves. Market just seemed to dry up.

modrifle3

Buckeye
demented said:
Thank you for taking the time to help me with this.

Glad to do it. Ruger had a good idea with the p90 mag but the followers on both types are a bust to me because like most things Ruger does their own thing then stops supplying parts. E.g. The 7rd follower. I never tried the hybrid in the P90 but just bought three mags from a guy and one is the 8rd cobra with that follower. I will let you know how they look.