LCP AMMO

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EQUILIZER

Bearcat
Just picked up a box of Hornady 380 critical defense 90gr FTX. What's everybody else feeding their LCP? I figure I need what I can with that cal. Thanks in advance.

"Let em fly"

GKC

Blackhawk
Hornady CD is what I prefer for carry. For range or practice use, I like Federal JHP.

swmetal

Bearcat
I carry Hornady CD as well. I picked up so FreedomMunitions XTP remanufatures thinking they would be good at the range since they are almost the same bullet. But, I have been having lots of feeding problems with the XTPs. Thinking I will send it in to Ruger to check as it sounds like most people are not having feed problems with hollow points.

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
Winchester PDX1. Put some water in some milk jugs and do some testing. PDX1 will also give penetration. You will like the results.

5of7

Hunter
I am carring the new Ruger ARX ammo by Polycase.

I think it is a more effective load for the .380. I started a thread about it last week.. http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=234456

louchia

Single-Sixer
Hornady CD for my carry and I use a variety of FMJ for practice . I have no feed issues with any ammo.

Yawn

Blackhawk
+1 for pdx1 in all calibers available. It is a spicy, non +P round, whose recoil management is amazing for its balistical analysis.

Nano65

Bearcat
For carry I like Hornady American Gunner 90 gr XTP for the LCP and American Gunner 124 gr +P XTP for my 9mm Nano. They are both very reliable and I have seen good ballistics tests on these rounds.

GCT00427

Bearcat
Hard to beat the Speer Gold Dot. I believe 90 grains. Have carried that in my first gen LCP since day one after having tested it out for any feeding issues.

Regards,

Chuck

exavid

Hunter
My LCP and LC9 get meals of Hornady Critical Defense. For range use I reload with 92gr plated bullets using Power Pistol powder.