Recommendations for a full size 9mm pistol?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DGW1949

Hunter
Tom W said:
If you can find a lgs that has a range and rents pistols try a few to see what you might like.

That right there is the best advice that's been offered.

DGW

joemsj51

Bearcat
Renting pistols at my range is expensive. I pulled out $20 to pay the cashier and she just laughed.
Then I said to her.... "you want how much?"....... nah, I'll pass.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
One problem with rental guns is that they have been fired way more than average. So, a rental might have a much better trigger pull due to this fact. There isn't much point in me renting a gun because of the requirement to use factory ammo bought from the range. 98% of my shooting is done with reloads, I don't really care how well a gun does with factory ammo.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I handled a whole bunch of guns, looked at prices, and watched several YouTube videos, and much to my own surprise I ended up with the Glock 17 after all. I'm not sure why years ago I felt that this gun was uncomfortable to hold because this time it felt just right. The reliability factor and ease of disassembly also played a big role. Only time will tell whether or not I am happy with this decision.

welder

Buckeye
I believe you made a good choice, it's my choice too for the same reasons you listed and it fits my hand very well. If it's like all the other Glocks I have fired, and I'm sure it will be, it'll leave you satisfied on the range too.

Just curious, did you go with gen 3 or 4?

Latest posts