Why the price drop?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GKC

Blackhawk
The speculation was that Ruger was announcing a new model at SHOT, but as far as I know that didn't happen. Other theories have been overproduction, or maybe sales have slacked off for this model, with the Custom being available.

I guess I typed all this to say "I don't know." :lol:

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
great price and a great little gun.
I paid 289.00 back in 2012 out the door gun runs like a champ ,I must have close to better then 1,000 round both lead and factory ammo I due run into the hammer drift pin will move a little after 35 + plus rounds all is needed is a light tap at cleaning to put the pin back into the frame

Al James

Hunter
FergusonTO35 said:
I hope it's not being discontinued, I'm planning to get one.

Well it appears to be a great time to do so!! I have pretty much abandon the Elsie Pea's in favor of single stack 9x19 pistols but I did own a few of them that were flawless. None of them cost me less than $300 BTW. I would suspect that I'm not alone in moving away from 380 pistols in favor of the new single stack 9x19's....which could be part of the pricing equation as well. Now that they are selling for so much less I may pick up another one just because they are so dang handy.

joemsj51

Bearcat
FergusonTO35 said:
Thing about the LCP is that nothing else carries in the pocket as well. Even my little S&W 637 is larger than ideal for that purpose.

I just bought the LCP two days ago. But two others in that same price category are about the same size.
Kahr CW380
Taurus TCP738

flyinfred

Blackhawk
Supposedly Ruger was going to introduce a striker fired LCP....was going to be at SHOT.....but it didn't happen soooooo
now your guess is good as anyone's............

FergusonTO35 said:
Do you know where that rumor came from?

The Internet....so it must be true! I think Ruger lowered their prices to be more competitive, not because they are discontinuing the LCP...I have been trying to find an LCP Custom, but since they lowered the MSRP, the Custom model is no where to be found. (unless folks are still trying to sell them at the old price which is above the new MSRP.)

Al James

Hunter
I'll rummage around here and see what I can come up with. Seems like I stashed some away in the hoard. I will see what I have and donate them to your new little LCP adventure. There for a while it was unobtanium brass so I held onto it even after I divorced the 380. :oops:

6gun

Hunter
Price of oil is down making it cheaper to produce plastic guns. :p :wink:

exavid

Hunter
I don't know why the price dropped. I bought mine pretty soon after they came out and have never regretted it. I've pumped a lot of rounds through it just getting the hang of the small gun but with practice you can actually hit a pop bottle at 25yds. Instinct shooting at 7-10yds is getting pretty easy on a paper plate. It did take me a bit of time getting smooth at drawing the little gun due to its small size. I know it sounds odd but I like the long, heavy trigger pull because no matter where you carry or stow it you don't need a safety and there's little chance of a negligent discharge when drawing it. Great little summer time carry. Ankle holster or boot as well if you want a BUG.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Al James said:
FergusonTO35 said:
I hope it's not being discontinued, I'm planning to get one.

Well it appears to be a great time to do so!! I have pretty much abandon the Elsie Pea's in favor of single stack 9x19 pistols but I did own a few of them that were flawless. None of them cost me less than $300 BTW. I would suspect that I'm not alone in moving away from 380 pistols in favor of the new single stack 9x19's....which could be part of the pricing equation as well. Now that they are selling for so much less I may pick up another one just because they are so dang handy.

I have my LCP for the summer months:

HolsteredLCP_zps11dbe8ab.jpg

But this is my new carry gun in colder months:

Pistols%20-%203_zps2grqsf11.jpg

This is my SCCY and I love it. You can't beat the warranty either, the best in the business.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
How many rounds have you put through the SCCY?

About 300+ rounds. I have put just about every kind of ammo through it and no problems. I even put the wharp drive Liberty rounds through her and she handled them nicely. I am using an IWB Kydex holster. got it off of E bay for a reasonable price.