ALUMINUM OR PLASTIC ON THE STRIKER SHAFT SR9 PISTOL

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
I wonder which would be the better choice replacing the plastic striker shaft on the Ruger sr9
Machined aluminum or
Machined stainless steel
I think the aluminum should be as fast as plastic and the SS rod may slow down ignition
I been looking at TDR Machining Co. will improve the trigger who knows ???

BrentHG

Bearcat
lonewolf5347 said:
I wonder which would be the better choice replacing the plastic striker shaft on the Ruger sr9
Machined aluminum or
Machined stainless steel
I think the aluminum should be as fast as plastic and the SS rod may slow down ignition
I been looking at TDR Machining Co. will improve the trigger who knows ???

I've been thinking about replacing the guide rod in MY SR9 with the one available from:

http://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/...tainless-steel-guide-rods-for-ruger-sr9-sr40/

Anyone out there that's used this?

websterz

Single-Sixer
I have a Galloway stainless steel guide rod in my EDC SR9 and absolutely love it. I replaced the stock rod without firing a shot. I just don't trust plastic in such a critical component. I stayed with the original spring weight.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I had a TDR striker tip on my SR9c. Don't recall if it was aluminum or stainless but worked great. If you like your SR I would advise buying parts for it now while they are available and cheap.

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
well i went with the aluminum I can always polish it myself with Flitz
I think any thing is better choice then plastic
The gun breaks around 3 1/2 lbs very hard to get a great reading only because of the safety set up two stage pull on the trigger
I don't think my plastic rod from the factory is dragging on any thing like the striker cover platebut the upgrade rod will tell the story

Wow nice upgrade took the buff wheel went at it with Flitz polish :roll:

Latest posts