New LC9S and a ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ra

Single-Sixer
I bought me a LC9S Pro for my birthday last week and shot it for the first time today. It was about 20 degrees this morning so I only put about 175 rounds through it. I had to change my grip with my thumb because I hit the mag release a couple of times. I had the slide lock back twice before the mag was empty, and once the slide did not lock back on the last shot. The premature slide lock could have been my grip, and all the events happened in the first 70 rounds.
The gun was accurate and shot and handled well, but the more I shot the more to the left I was hitting. I was first shooting Remington Golden Sabre, then a mixture of cast lead and coated lead. Near the end of my shooting session I noticed the front sight had drifted to the right, the front sight was drilled for a roll pin but their was no pin, and the slide was not drilled.
Does your LC9 front sight have a roll pin, if it is supposed to be drilled for one I will have to get in touch with Ruger?

Roger

roylt

Hunter
Go back to where you got it and compare to another. May have to call Ruger.

ra

Single-Sixer
The slide is on it's way back to Ruger, they said they would pin it. I know Ruger does not pin some other front sights, my SR 1911 is not. I did not know about the LC9.

Roger

Racer9

Single-Sixer
My front sight is drilled vertically in front of the blade, I can't see if there's a pin or screw. Shooting it for the first time tomorrow.