T.C. POLIS P85

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RCG

Bearcat
We recently acquired a Ruger P85 with the rollmark "T.C. POLIS" on the slide, front left. Found a Facebook page that showed them slitting throats of goats. Not sure if we have anything unique, but if anyone has any information, or an idea of it's value, it would be appreciated. I have a photo, but when I click on the "img" or "url" I get no where?

RCG

Bearcat
if someone can tell me how to post pics on this site, I would appreciate it. Or, email [email protected] and I will reply with pics. No import marks. thanks

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
You need to have an online photo hosting account at someplace like Photobucket.com, upload them there then using the Img code to insert the pic in the post.

If you would rather email to me I can post the photo... Pavtxer at hotmail.com .but if you are going to post more, it might be worth your time to do that. It's free....

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
RCG said:
if someone can tell me how to post pics on this site, I would appreciate it.

As PAVTXER said above, with a few more details:

Posting pictures is rather straight forward, once you get your (free) account set up at Photobucket.com or some other photo hosting Website.

You upload your pictures to your Photobucket album.

Then, when you are creating your message here to the Forum, next to your picture in Photobucket will be a list of "Links to Share this photo." Simply click on the tab labeled IMG and it will copy all the URL info onto your clipboard. Then paste that in your message and, bingo, you have pictures linked to your message.

You also need to "uncheck" the "Disable BBCode" box located right below the text input box on the Ruger Forum, or instead of getting the actual picture, you get its address.

If you delete the pictures in Photobucket, they will disappear from your forum message also.

Sounds a lot harder than it really is!

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
"T. C. Polis" are guns that were issued under a Turkish Contract (military or police). According to RENE, there was an estimated 25,000 guns ordered, but it is not known if the order was fulfilled.

Cordite

Single-Sixer
"T. C. Polis" means Turkish Republic (Türk Cumhuriyeti) Police. If you search around the interwebs you will see images of other types of guns with "T. C. Polis" engraved on them.

Here's one:

479059-500x375.jpg

Cordite

skrc

Bearcat
Turkish government used ruger p series in past about 90's for the police dept. for all country. Because of that there is a mark on the pistal as T.C. Polis. It means, T(Türkiye-Turkey) C(Cumhuriyeti-Republic) Polis-Police.