Ruger MK 1 with pic now

Help Support Ruger Forum:

michael52

Single-Sixer
found one 98 percent with box, bull barrel, Not correct box, target walnut grips plus originals....Is 350 a fair price
thanks
michael

19ontheslide

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Can't you just buy new For that price or near it ?

REV

-- Exactly! Who would want a nice, simple to operate and maintain MKI when for the same price you can get a lawyered-up piece of crap with a hogged out LCI that nobody needs or wants AND, as a bonus, a reassembly procedure that is only about 15 times worse than the original! That's smart money right there! :roll:

OP, for what it's worth I'd pay that $350 twice for a good MKI before I'd even dream about shelling out a dime for any MKIII. One guy's opinion only...

gunman42782

Hunter
19ontheslide said:
revhigh said:

REV

-- Exactly! Who would want a nice, simple to operate and maintain MKI when for the same price you can get a lawyered-up piece of crap with a hogged out LCI that nobody needs or wants AND, as a bonus, a reassembly procedure that is only about 15 times worse than the original! That's smart money right there! :roll:

OP, for what it's worth I'd pay that $350 twice for a good MKI before I'd even dream about shelling out a dime for any MKIII. One guy's opinion only...

I gotta agree. When I worked at the gun shop, can't count how many of the MK3s I would have to put back together for folks who took em apart. The MK1 and MK2s are much easier to work with. And I hate the mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator.

Al James

Hunter
gunman42782 said:
19ontheslide said:
revhigh said:

REV

I gotta agree. When I worked at the gun shop, can't count how many of the MK3s I would have to put back together for folks who took em apart. The MK1 and MK2s are much easier to work with. And I hate the mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator.

+1 It was bad enough from 1949-2005 with the original MK pistols. At least once a week someone would show up with a bag of parts containing their new MK in pieces. I had people trade in the guns in pieces more than once. LOL. Me: "it just takes a little practice" Them: "I dont care...I want a different gun"

If only they knew what a great gun they were dumping for a POS Walther P22, Sig Mosquito, etc :lol:

I had a MKIII once.....

michael52

Single-Sixer
i bought it but pic dont do it justice
IMG_05895.JPG

revhigh

Hawkeye
I have a mkii and a mkiii that I got for $175 almost brand new about 3 years ago.

Reassembly never bothered me at all. If you can't reassemble a gun ... You really shouldn't own it.

IMO ... They all shoot the same, and none of the lawyer stuff ever bothered me once. I just ignore it and accept it ... No big deal.

I can't see not buying new for the same price. If you really WANT a MKI ... AND ... You know WHY you only want a MKI .... Fine ... Get one. Otherwise I'd just buy new.

REV

REV

Cordite

Single-Sixer
gunman42782 said:
And I hate the mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator.

Me too. That's why I removed both of them from my MK III Competition. Put in an LCI filler and a modified hammer bushing to complete the mini project.

Cordite

martyj

Blackhawk
Nice and at a decent price especially with the walnut grips.
That one has the later grip frame.
I refuse to buy any Mark lll unnecessary parts never made anything function better.

RSIno1

Hunter
I've got a nice 1970 Standard Auto I bought from stunt pilot Art Scholl for $25 in the original box. I wouldn't trade it for any of Ruger's new guns.