lcp slide won't go back on

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wideglide

Bearcat
In re-assembly my slide goes back about 90% of the way than stops dead. It's new to me so I could use some advice. I've only put 30 rounds through it and the first time I cleaned it before taking it out I had no problems. Any ideas?

joemsj51

Bearcat
OK, solved that. Now please solve why I always struggle mightily to get that slide pin in such a little hole. Man, what a PITA.
It's embarrassing :oops: passing the little LCP over to the wife, to get that pin started in reassembly.

Nano65

Bearcat
joemsj51 said:
OK, solved that. Now please solve why I always struggle mightily to get that slide pin in such a little hole. Man, what a PITA.
It's embarrassing :oops: passing the little LCP over to the wife, to get that pin started in reassembly.
Of course, before I start, I make sure the gun is unloaded. Holding the gun in my left hand, with my second finger on the pointed back end of the gun and my thumb on the front of the slide, I push the slide back about 1/8". At the same time with the pin in my right hand and down about 30 degrees from the hole, I rotate the pin up as I push it into the hole. Hope this helps.

louchia

Single-Sixer
Lots of nice people on this site with very helpful advice on some of those little difficulties.
I would also suggest on searching YouTube. Seeing a video is sometimes very helpful.