Something new

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Yes, that was my point just not as detailed. I remember when Colt announced that they would no longer sell handguns to the public around 1997. They retreated from that rather quickly but I decided then and there Colt would not get my money. I have kept my word on that, and Colt is now out laying in the gutter since FN moved in with sugar daddy DOD.

Ahh, Colt's Patent Foibles. A company with products that people will pay absolutely stupid prices for still goes bankrupt. LOL of the century!!

If a gun company really wanted to honor the 2nd amendment and why it was created then they would refuse to sell to governments.....

oops... is that political?

That new pistol looks a lot like the one I got for joining Front Sight.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
blume357 said:
If a gun company really wanted to honor the 2nd amendment and why it was created then they would refuse to sell to governments.....

oops... is that political?

That new pistol looks a lot like the one I got for joining Front Sight.

Similar shape as that FMK pistol. Completely different but the shape is close for sure.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
There really aren't a lot of "styling" choices for service-size semi-auto pistols and anything you design is going to look a bit like what's already out there. The real tests are accuracy, durability and reliability. We'll see if Ruger has a winner in this one.

I just watched the features video and it seems what they are trying for is the AK-47 of pistols.... that will shoot in all kinds of conditions with NO lubrication.... I was kind of impressed with what they said.... need to check for accuracy... and trigger pull. Both of which they claim is exceptional... we'll see.

Rabon

Single-Sixer
I can't wait to handle one the gun looks good, has low mount Novaks and takes down without releasing the striker. I want to see the internals as fit and finish is Rugers weakness.
If I like what I see I will pick a9mm up clean the barrel, lubricate the gun and try to run 1 K through it with out touching it again. The last Ruger auto pistol I did this with was out of the game at 22 rounds.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Hmm, I wonder if Ruger is trying to recapture some of the features that so endeared the P guns to many of us. Big and blocky, runs forever with minimal care. I hope that is the case.

welder

Buckeye
FergusonTO35 said:
Hmm, I wonder if Ruger is trying to recapture some of the features that so endeared the P guns to many of us. Big and blocky, runs forever with minimal care. I hope that is the case.

Not sure what they're after with this gun? I held one yesterday at my LGS and was not impressed. I suppose it will find some portion of the large plastic gun market but I saw nothing to make it stand out from the rest of the pact to me. I will continue to hold on to the old, dated, bulky P guns.

BTW, saw another copy today at Gander Mountain, just 599.00. At least my LGS had them priced at 420.00

revhigh

Hawkeye
Rabon said:
I want to see the internals as fit and finish is Rugers weakness.

And that's not even counting accuracy and quality control. I'd give up some fit and finish for accuracy any day. Except for the P90 .... Accuracy has ALWAYS been Rugers SA CF weakness.

REV

Yawn

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Rabon said:
I want to see the internals as fit and finish is Rugers weakness.

And that's not even counting accuracy and quality control. I'd give up some fit and finish for accuracy any day. Except for the P90 .... Accuracy has ALWAYS been Rugers SA CF weakness.

REV

That is exactly what I don't understand. They manufacture excellently accurate weapons and the P90 showed us that they can do it for their Semi production lines... So why keep not doing it? My SR45 is lethal accurate, but it won't shoot quarter groupings at distances that other firearms will. That is probably it... Ruger will sell them whether they are quarter grouping accurate from 25 or not, so why spend the extra money? But they do it for their other lines of firearms... So why continuously stinge out in the semi depo. But is there really a market for the American? The 45ers who hate the LCI and mag disconnect will buy it, though I doubt in droves, though the 40SWers will but it for the same reasons once it comes out. But as was said above, this is a nominal upgrade (if any, and maybe a downgrade) from the 9E, even with interchangeability. The 9E solved a problem, this American in 9 if it really doesn't shoot better? Maybe they are banking on the interchangeability thing catching on. I wouldn't mind being able to go from a 45 to a 10mm on the same platform, or even to a 9 for that matter, depending on where I am going and what I am in the mood for. That has to be what they are driving for and where they see the market going. But for the price that the interchangeability seems to cost, I would just get a different firearm in those other calibers.