9E

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
Anybody have a 9E? Local gunshop has a new one for sale. Must admit I didn't know anything about them until I saw this one. Same as the SR9 but only one 17rnd mag. No loaded round indicator, which is fine with me, and no plastic case. $100 cheaper. I think that is a heck of a deal! Anybody else like this deal? Basically $100 for a case and another mag.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
RedLabel said:
Anybody have a 9E? Local gunshop has a new one for sale. Must admit I didn't know anything about them until I saw this one. Same as the SR9 but only one 19rnd mag. No loaded round indicator, which is fine with me, and no plastic case. $100 cheaper. I think that is a heck of a deal! Anybody else like this deal? Basically $100 for a case and another mag.

Bought one this past April. Not a competition gun due to the sights, etc. but is a reliable and reasonably accurate 9mm. You might have to drift the front sight a tiny bit. Haven't had any problems with mine & eats whatever I feed it. Paid $320 for it.

Btw, probably a typo, but it's a standard SR9 17rd mag. :)

I'd recommend buying a couple extra mags and a Uplula loader for it.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
Thanks gunny, edited to 17. I would rather drift the sight in and leave it. Also like the viewport rather than the indicator. That's all good to me.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I bought one last year to keep in my Z71 pickup as a truck gun. It works as advertised. Seventeen in the gun and 2 extra mags in a double pouch. BTW, Ruger sells the mags 2 in a pack if you can find them. This leaves my Sigs same at home unless I'm carrying one of them. :D

mohavesam

Hawkeye
gunman42782 said:
I got one, and I like it better than the SR9. Have shot the crap out of it.
+2

Bought a second 9E, the only striker-fired guns I own. $299 each at a big box store sale. 2-pack of mags $41 extra. From a months-old thread herein, lots of them enjoyed by RF members.

Poppy42

Bearcat
I know I am a little late to this post but if anybody is still interested I bought a 9e back in December and I love it. I don't need nor do I much care for the idiot indicator and I find the larger groves on the slide easer for me to rack the slide. I have hit 1inch groups more often than not. If I had to pick one complaint it would be the 3 dot sites as my older eyes can't handle them for to long at a time. I am going to change them when I can but they are different from SR9 sites and my wallet is on the lite side as of late so changing sites will have to wait. I did read were someone blacked out the rear site to help I mite try that. Other than that I think it is a great gun and it is my edc

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
This is one of the guns on my short list. I have been looking at it for a while, just never seen one at the LGS yet.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Poppy42 said:
I know I am a little late to this post but if anybody is still interested I bought a 9e back in December and I love it. I don't need nor do I much care for the idiot indicator and I find the larger groves on the slide easer for me to rack the slide. I have hit 1inch groups more often than not. If I had to pick one complaint it would be the 3 dot sites as my older eyes can't handle them for to long at a time. I am going to change them when I can but they are different from SR9 sites and my wallet is on the lite side as of late so changing sites will have to wait. I did read were someone blacked out the rear site to help I mite try that. Other than that I think it is a great gun and it is my edc

They are popular. Ruger seems to have hit a bullseye with this gun in terms of a decent 9mm self defense pistol for the avg person. Like any other handgun for SD however, ammo makes a significant difference in potential effectiveness, and that's my bottom line for any firearm (assuming it's a reliable gun in the first place). I load my 9E with Hornady 135gr Critical Duty for that reason, after trying out several others from different manufacturers.

Lockback

Bearcat
I'm a long-time Glock guy who's also been a Ruger fan, dating back 30 years. I've owned many over the years; Blackhawks, Super Blackhawks, Redhawks, a Mini14, a 10-22 and a Red Label 12 gauge.
But I never liked their old double-action P-Series autos. I've necer liked the double action to single action transition or the initial long, hard pull.
But with the introduction of the SR series a few years back, I started to pay attention. Rugers have always been durable and reliable but not very refined. That changed with the SR series. Now you had a slim auto with a really nice trigger pull without sacrificing toughness or reliability.
So last fall, I bought a new SR45. It was love at first shot. I've owned probably a dozen .45 autos over the years, including numerous 1911's. And the SR45 is the best .45 I've ever owned. It's been totally reliable and a joy to shoot.
Based on that, I started thinking about adding another 9mm to my college and found an SR9E for $299.
I haven't shot it yet but am already impressed by the way it feels in my hand and the trigger pull. I can't wait to shoot it. I'll let you all know what I think when I get a chance to put some rounds through it.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Lockback said:
I'm a long-time Glock guy who's also been a Ruger fan, dating back 30 years. I've owned many over the years; Blackhawks, Super Blackhawks, Redhawks, a Mini14, a 10-22 and a Red Label 12 gauge.
But I never liked their old double-action P-Series autos. I've necer liked the double action to single action transition or the initial long, hard pull.
But with the introduction of the SR series a few years back, I started to pay attention. Rugers have always been durable and reliable but not very refined. That changed with the SR series. Now you had a slim auto with a really nice trigger pull without sacrificing toughness or reliability.
So last fall, I bought a new SR45. It was love at first shot. I've owned probably a dozen .45 autos over the years, including numerous 1911's. And the SR45 is the best .45 I've ever owned. It's been totally reliable and a joy to shoot.
Based on that, I started thinking about adding another 9mm to my college and found an SR9E for $299.
I haven't shot it yet but am already impressive by the way it feels in my hand and the trigger pull. I can't wait to shoot it. I'll let you all know what I think when I get a chance to put some rounds through it.

I think you'll like it. I don't know how you feel about magazine safeties/disconnects, but it seemed to cycle smoother, and even the trigger felt a bit better after I removed mine. Might just be me tho. :)

websterz

Single-Sixer
Removing the mag disconnect definitely smooths out the trigger pull. I also polished my striker to a mirror finish with a little Mother's Mag Polish. Any friction you can eliminate will make it run better.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Went to the LGS yesterday and they finally had the 9E. Put it in Layaway for now. I will finally be able to knock that one off the list.

cyborgt800

Single-Sixer
I bought one and like it and it's different or lack of some features better than the SR9. I actually prefer the differences...the cheaper price makes it a no-brainer!

I don't know what I paid for it because I got a deal for it plus a RAP9 for $816 after taxes.

Jschmatt

Bearcat
I paid $399 at Gander Mountain. A little over priced, but they happened to have one new, and I happened to have to cash.;) Love it!

Jschmatt

Bearcat
websterz said:
Removing the mag disconnect definitely smooths out the trigger pull. I also polished my striker to a mirror finish with a little Mother's Mag Polish. Any friction you can eliminate will make it run better.

Removing the mag disconnect smooths out the trigger pull? I may have to remove mine....