Mark I magazines in Ruger boxes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wanderson

Bearcat
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but you may have already figured out they're easily $50 a pop, possibly much more as I've not ever seen one in the original box. I've watched ebay a few times for an extra mag for my '64 MK I and those that pop up are typically around $50 in average/well used condition.

FWIW High Standards does make a nice replacement MK I mag, has a black plastic floor plate/grip piece instead of the original chrome but unlike the current replacement MK II & III mags these are the same width as the original factory MK Is with a zigzag spring instead of the pencil spring. Mine feed & drop just as smoothly as the factory mag.

chet15

Hawkeye
Ruger magazines in Ruger printed brown boxes are a lot tougher to find.
I do not believe a white magazine box would have been around in 1964, but would have been possible maybe from 1967 or 1968 on. The earliest 9mm extra cylinder boxes printed in late 1967 were still brown, so you can go by that somewhat. Not sure exactly on the magazine boxes since they aren't dated.
Chet15

Gentlemen,

I suggested the year 1964 as that was year of the pistol/package/box/papers... I realize the magazines could have been added later which was the reason for my question.

Thank you for your responses.

rugnelli