SR45 magazine issues

Help Support Ruger Forum:

websterz

Single-Sixer
I called Ruger today about my fidgety mags. One of them won't lock the slide back on the last round 90% of the time. The other locks the slide reliably but will always nose dive on the third round of a full mag. That is a weird one. They are sending me two new mags and a prepaid envelope to return the old ones. Awesome customer service!

websterz

Single-Sixer
WWB 230's, PPU 230's, Federal Champion 230's and my own reloads with Lee 230 grain truncated cones.

Al James

Hunter
I had problems with one of my SR45's mags back in 2013. Otherwise it has been 100%. Ruger did the same switch for me back then. Which is great, fine and dandy but......why is it Ruger has such a hard time getting defective parts out of the supply line? Not just with the SR45 mags but I have noticed this lack of QC across several different models. It is bad enough to have failures, it is much worse to not remedy them immediately upon discovery. WBR would not have this IMO. Ruger had gained a certain reputation for durability and reliability through the years and it is sad to see them losing it due to truly craptastic QC or lack there of. Just my .02.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Just ONE of multiple reasons LEO's don't use Rugers. Craptastic QC.

REV

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
I own five SR series pistols and have gifted three more. all reliable and accurate.
had an issue with an LCP, Ruger CS was right on it and I have zero complaints.
beginning with my P85 purchased new when they first hit the shelves Ruger has been top dog in my world. I am sure CS will take good care of you. the SR45 is an excellent weapon. mine may be the most accurate and reliable 45 I have ever owned. and that covers several 1911's, as well as several others. I currently own five and have sold or swapped five others.

websterz

Single-Sixer
Well, the new mags arrived within four or five days of speaking to customer service. I'll be testing them out tomorrow to see if that solves my problems. If not I guess it's off to Ruger with the pistol for a checkup.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Laserbait said:
revhigh said:
Just ONE of multiple reasons LEO's don't use Rugers. Craptastic QC.

REV

Ruger's QC is better than what I've seen with my friends Glock (and my G3 M17), and another buddies, and my wife's SIG, so... :roll:

Uh huh ...... :roll:

REV

websterz

Single-Sixer
Well, my slide stop issue is finally gone. The tab that catches the follower and raises the slide stop was broken clean off. Ruger had the replacement part to me in two days.

exavid

Hunter
A member of my gun club had a similar problem with his SR40C. The spring that connects the tab and the slide stop was broken. The stop was more or less free floating and would catch at random locking the slide back even though there were rounds in the magazine.