Letter of authenticity

Help Support Ruger Forum:

45ACP

Bearcat
Has anyone got the $10 letter of authenticity from Ruger? Can you tell me what info is there or what it looks like? Thanks. I picked up a used P97 on Gunbroker, and am not sure if it began life as stainless/polymer or one of the ones with a blued steel slide, it is a weird color now, and maybe the letter would tell me. Not sure how much detail is in the letter. Thanks.

Wade

revhigh

Hawkeye
It probably would give you the answers, but I have to ask ... Why does it even matter ? It's not like it's worth any serious money, or would increase its value, and you already own it .... So .... Why bother ?

Buy a box of ammo instead. :D

REV

45ACP

Bearcat
Rev,

Really??

Did my post ask if you are interested in an authenticity letter? Or if I felt the need for somebody to second guess whether I really want one? Hello?

Thanks though for taking the time out of your obviously not busy day to go totally off the thread.

Not mad at you, just saying...

Buy a box of ammo? I can reload for $10, but can't buy much nowadays for that!

revhigh

Hawkeye
I'm guessing it's the Ruger plum color like some guns turn to.

Yeah ... I'm probably a little low on the ammo.
I reload everything so my cost is about $6-7 a box. I was probably thinking of 9mm. Haven't bought any ammo other than .22 in 20+ years.

BTW ... Google is your friend ....

FYI ... Here's a request form if you didn't already have it. Most people say it's not worth it ... Just gives official model # and ship date.

http://www.ruger.com/pdf/letterOfAuthenticity.pdf

REV

45ACP

Bearcat
It is a plum color, you're right. I have never seen a P97 except in polymer/stainless, and this one is a bit rough, though not bad. The ad was up front about it, and it was a good price, so I am happy with it. I did phone the factory and they confirmed it was a blued gun based on the serial number, and shipped in March of 2004, one of the later ones. My other three are all 1999 or 2000 era.

I will try and post a photo with photo bucket or something, I don't have any online photo hosting now so that may take a bit.

Thanks for the link to the form.