LCP Custom - Front Pocket Holster?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BCubed

Bearcat
Does anyone carry a Ruger LCP Custom in their front pocket?

If so, what brand and model of holster are you using?

I see plenty out there for the LCP but not many that say for the LCP Custom (which is .2" taller).

I see the Nemesis by DeSantis mentioned a lot for other handguns but I emailed them and they said they don't make one for the LCP Custom yet.

Thanks for any and all help.

BCubed

swmetal

Bearcat
I have the LCP custom with a DeSantis Nemisis. It fits perfectly, BUT sometimes on the draw, the rear sight hangs up on the sewn seam at the top of the holster. If I had it do do over, I would try the Super Fly instead as I saw somewhere that the Super Fly has a small patch at the top covering the seam where the rear sight is to prevent it from hanging up.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
Check out an Aholster. aholster.com
They work extremely well.

Best Regards,
ADP3

exavid

Hunter
I also have the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster too. It works well. I prefer to carry it IWB with a DeSantis Summer Heat leather holster. When wearing shorts or pants where the gun is against your skin this is a nice holster because it keeps the metal off your body. It's also easier to draw and reholster than most holsters I have.

velocityrob

Bearcat
I use a Recluse pocket holster for my LCP custom.

http://www.recluseholster.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=13&products_id=143

I carry every day. The holster prints like a wallet and is makes the gun easy to draw. It has room for the sights and holds an extra (6 round) magazine.

fenriswolf039

Bearcat
Personally, no holster required.

Sits nicely in the right front pocket of my Dickies work jeans, and nobody has ever noticed the shape. If somebody's looking that hard at my pockets, I'm already looking at them anyway.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
I'm waiting for a couple Custom LCP's to get to my dealer.
He had Ruger Day's last weekend and he said he didn't receive the shipment of the Custom LCP's in.

Now this thread has me curious. I've recently been carrying a regular early production LCP in a Galco pocket holster. That's the same holster I planned on using for the custom LCP . I probably won't have problem stretching it a little more using the gun with wax/freezer paper if there isn't to much difference in size. I know this Galco was very tight when I got it for the LCP. A couple days of using the gun wrapped in freezer paper shoved in the holster it's fits like a glove.

cookwa

Bearcat
Maelwear pocket holster. Fits perfectly. Also fits an extra magazine. Been using it for years with the first gen lcp and now the custom.

drfarth

Bearcat
I have an Aholsters front pocket holster. It's kydex with passive but good retention and a hook on either end to grab your pocket as you're drawing the gun. I'm not a big fan of pocket carry, but when I do pocket carry, this is what I use. I got a model for a regular LCP a couple years ago, and I had to modify the holster with a small amount of dremeling to fit the LCP Custom - the rear sight needed to be accommodated. They probably make a holster specifically for the LCP Custom, but I thought I'd mention that in case someone was looking at kydex holsters not specifically marketed for the Custom model.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The standard Galati Gear pocket holster is what you need, you can buy it for like $10.00 on Fleabay. This holster fits the LCP perfectly but with a little more room in the sights area.

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
Remember that the success of any pocket holster depends on the pocket, a lot.
Going from deep slide slash pockets to the tight, short front pockets on a pair of Wranglers, for instance, could leave you unarmed at a poker table.

44RED

Bearcat
I took a kydex that fit something else.. I trimmed it and sanded the edges and used my heat gun and a good pair of gloves to make it fit perfect.