Sr45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rflowd

Bearcat
Hey y'all

I just bought a ruger sr45 I was wonder 2 things is it considered in the 1911 style and is there a break in period?

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
no.
sometimes. some are much tighter than others and will loosen up quickly. mine got a feed ramp polish and chamber polish just because, pre first trip out. not necessary, just me.
enjoy the 45. you picked one that for me has been ultra reliable and might be the most accurate pistol I own. at least it is in my hands. one of the best values in the industry.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
As pjvrefugee said. I'll add to that and recommend not using any wet lubes/grease on moving parts. My favorite is Hornady One-Shot lube for all my guns. It dries quickly, prevents corrosion, and provides a slick surface between moving parts without attracting carbon, dirt, etc. Down side is the price. It ain't cheap. http://www.hornady.com/store/One-Shot-Gun-Cleaner/

planetcat

Single-Sixer
No and no. Shoot it like you stole it. It's a striker fired pistol, double action only. Comparing it to a 1911 is like comparing a Ford Taurus to a pick up truck.