LC9S without safety spring from factory, sorry!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
I know it is not an adequate excuse, but with the pressure on the gun industry to produce enough guns to satisfy the consuming public, Ruger and likely the other manufactures are working a lot of overtime.

Now I worked in machine shops for 45 years, and after a few months of 10 and 12 hour shifts, one's attention to detail tends to wander.

I think this could be part of the problem...maybe I'm wrong. 8)

welder

Buckeye
The first SR9 I saw had a safety that would not engage, it would not budge. Handed it back to counter guy who thinks I must be doing something wrong and after nearly shearing it off, he puts it back on his desk and grabs another, this one worked. I don't know what the problem was with it and the clerk was going to have the owner look at it. This was when they first hit the street.

Actually, except for the pain in the you know what delay... you are probably better off buying the defective gun and sending it back to Ruger... that way it goes to the folks who will I assume make absolutely sure everything including the defect are fixed and work perfect. I'd consider a gun sent back to Ruger and returned almost custom.

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
My reaction would be a bad mood with little patience for the inevitable, tired excuses. The Ruger CS person had better be audibly mortified. I think the CEO should be taking some of these calls. Imparato does, so I am told.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
5of7 said:
I think this could be part of the problem...maybe I'm wrong. 8)

Hi,

Agreed, there's something to be said about overworked personnel trying to fill huge orders in short time frames...

However, this is the kind of stuff I first became aware of with Ruger about 35 years ago when I went to work for my old gunsmith boss. And it's remained consistent with the brand ever since. Maybe I should get out the dictionary to double check my definitions, but three and a half decades of "same thing, different day" seems more like a pattern than an anomaly. So what's the excuse there?

Rick C

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
PriseDeFer said:
My reaction would be a bad mood with little patience for the inevitable, tired excuses. The Ruger CS person had better be audibly mortified. I think the CEO should be taking some of these calls. Imparato does, so I am told.

Hi,

One can write the CEO of Ruger via the website, and he claims he reads every e-mail, though he may not reply to all. Suggest EVERY gun shipped back to Ruger for some of that "fantastic customer service" or call for replacements of missing or defective parts on a brand new gun be accompanied by a note to him expressing both the problems AND the customer's disappointment in spending good money for a defective product. A little research might reveal someone on Ruger's board of directors to cc. with each of these notes as well...

Rick C