Considering an LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
For me the LCP needs a serious magazine extension to give me a full hand grip. I would be better off with the LC380 or the LC9s.
Geoff
Who can hit reliably with either the S&W Model 38 / 638 or his LCP with the long extension and a cargo pocket holster.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I wear XL gloves but I actually find smaller pistol grips more comfortable. My larger revolvers all wear standard panel grios, my generation 4 Glocks have no extra backstrap installed. I put a Pachmayr Compac Pro on my S&W 637. It is only a little bigger than the OEM boot grip, what I like is the strong checkering and no finger bumps.

Blueduck

Bearcat
flyinfred said:
Striker fired LCP coming at shot show.....

Guess it's coming later this week?

Honestly if it is I was kinda hoping they would not drop the regular one, seems they just got the trigger and sights right on it. I know they can be found online, but locally they are rarer than hens teeth now, right when I was looking for another one :(

djw54

Single-Sixer
RUT said:
Just saw Hickok45's rundown on the LCP "Custom" with improved trigger & sights. I just may have to trade my 2nd. generation LCP in for one of these. :)

I just saw that as well. I wonder when he recorded that (sweaty, and he's at SHOT).
For me, it was a confirmation, as I finally got an LCP 3 weeks ago, a Custom.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Jim Luke said:
CT380...is better and I have them both.

I may have to look into one of them ... Nowhere near as cheap and junky looking as the Ruger or KT. My P3AT works just fine but doesn't feel like quality at all, and those sights sure look nice. I don't see what advantage a striker fired LCP would have ... Other than a slightly less crappy trigger than the LCP or P3AT.

I wish they made a mini G26 that felt as good as a G26. Maybe this Kahr would fit the bill.

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I have a CM9, it's not quite a pocket pistol for me but is smaller than most of the other pistols in its class. The CW380 is actually smaller than the CT380 and is truly one of the smallest 380 pocket pistols made.
I'm not some Kahr fanboy, they just make a pistol that fits the classes of concealed carry guns better than anyone else in my opinion. My CM9 has been completely reliable in the past few years that I have owned it. I don't shoot it much but I fired about a thousand rounds thru it just to prove that it is reliable and I have found it really is.
I am planning to add a CW380 as a pocket pistol at some point to my very small, just one right now, concealed carry cache and that would probably be the last one.
Many know that I'm a range shooter that likes shooting with large frame guns as fast and as accurately as I can. So these little bitty pistols don't make my life by any means.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
If I'm not mistaken, the LCP custom and the "new" trigger mechanism has been out for awhile now?

I had a CT380, very nice pistol. Only thing about it is, if it doesn't fit your hand there is nothing that can be done about it. My trigger finger kept rubbing the bottom of the trigger guard and the pointy trigger kept poking it. My Glock 42 will do anything the Kahr can do and then some so the CT-380 got traded on an S&W 637 for a fair price.