FTF with new LC9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jimmyjsr40

Bearcat
Just purchased a new LC9s. Shot it about 50 times and had several light strikes and FTF. Firing pin indented primer but no go off. Put back thru and they fired OK. Just put a new Galloway fire pin spring and return spring into gun. The last 20 rounds went off fine. Shooting some cheap ammo. Blazer I think. Gun was pretty coated up with oil from factory. Could this have been part of the problem, other than the cheap ammo? I completely cleaned and re-lubed, but did not get to try it again. Gun is a dead on shooter and the trigger is smooth. Anybody else ever experience this problem? Maybe just needs some break in time? What do you think?

hittman

Staff member
I generally put 500 rounds through a new gun before I decide anything about it.

And I've learned to thoroughly clean and lube them before shooting. Otherwise, you're just guessing.

You may want to put it back to factory specs and start over. As it is now ..... the problem could be the modifications, the ammo, or limp wristing. I don't have the "s" model but my LC9 went back to the factory for light primer strikes. Since that trip (free) to Prescott, I've got 1,200 trouble free rounds through it.

jimmyjsr40

Bearcat
Had some initial problems with my new lC9s. I had added a Galloway firing pin spring and return spring and had several light stikes and failure to fire. Put the factory springs back in and cleaned and relubed. I shot it about 100 times. Everything is now fine. No problems what so ever. Should have cleaned it good and relubed out of box. My bad!!!

Tom W

Blackhawk
Hi! And to think my paperwork from the factory said to shoot mine "as is" out of the box. I couldn't do it. The LC9s pro got cleaned first.