SR40C cam block pins

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dhazel74

Bearcat
Hi All.
Looking for some advice on my SR40C. After about 25 to 30 rounds the upper and lower cam block pins start to work there way out of the slide left to right. Is this something I should call Ruger for and have the pistol sent in or could I just replace them myself. I see they are available on shopruger.com parts website. The gun functions fine but they consistently walk out and I push them back in.
Funny because my SR9 and SR45 don't have this problem and there listed as the same pins for the SR series pistols.
Thanks
And appreciate the feed back on this issue

David

Rei40c

Blackhawk
dhazel74 said:
Hi All.
Looking for some advice on my SR40C. After about 25 to 30 rounds the upper and lower cam block pins start to work there way out of the slide left to right. Is this something I should call Ruger for and have the pistol sent in or could I just replace them myself. I see they are available on shopruger.com parts website. The gun functions fine but they consistently walk out and I push them back in.
Funny because my SR9 and SR45 don't have this problem and there listed as the same pins for the SR series pistols.
Thanks
And appreciate the feed back on this issue

David

Had the same happen to mine but in my case it was only the cam block pin. Had it send it back, that was maybe a year and a half ago no problem since. It's up to you, but I really would not fire it again until repaired.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
if they are in the wrong hole this transpires. I inadvertently put them in the wrong spot after a detail strip and this was the result. when they were placed in their correct place, in the correct manner, everything is fine. operator error is generally my first check.

DrDenby

Bearcat
dhazel,

Are you absolutely sure you have them in all the way?

They lock into place. When you push them from left to right (as you hold it like shooting it) they snap into place when you push them far enough.

Doc