If You Could Only Have ONE Ruger P Series......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
Obviously hypothetical, since you can have as many as you can find/afford, but just for fun... If you could only have ONE Ruger P Series, which one would it be and why?

kP95dc... but a KP89dc would be my second choice....

reason.... with my limited knowledge and experience.... functional with out fail....
I'm flying to Nevada next week with two to put a couple hundred rounds through them.

roylt

Hunter
That is a tough question. KP94DC (to be clear 9mm)
Why... It goes with the PC9. Very like the 89 model but sleeker. Cheap to shoot but yet would work if needed to deter.

Don't ask how many I have....

Happy Thanksgiving to all and Keep the P-guns alive!!

welder

Buckeye
I said the P90 but as others have said the P94 in 9mm is another favorite of mine. I have A DC version with the Hogue grip that I carry sometimes, sleek and while a bit heavy, still quite manageable for me. I have it stowed behind the seat in my truck along with a PC9 and several mags to round out the package.

rjm6120

Single-Sixer
Without a doubt, a KP95DC. I sold mine back in 2003 when I pretty much lost all interest in guns, and after my interest resurrected late last year, I regretted selling it big time. Just a fun gun to shoot, accurate a hell, and pleasing to my eye. I'm keeping my eye out for a nice one at a decent price around here, but you don't see many for sale (avoiding Gunbroker).

loaded round

Hunter
I know I'll get slam dunked for this post, but I'm very fond of the P345 and own two of them. One a de-cocker and the other with the standard safety. Both function 100% after the mag safety was removed. YMMV.

welder

Buckeye
You won't get dunked by most of us here, we all have our favorites. I also have a P345, never had a problem with it and it still has the mag safety installed. I had another one but sold it, it didn't have the rail and I wished I had kept it.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
my P85 will be with me until the doc gives me the long face, then I will give it to one of my children or grandchildren, along with the rest of the three safes full. will likely keep one rifle, pistol and shotgun until the bitter end. maybe sleep with one under my pillow!

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
Why... It goes with the PC9. Very like the 89 model but sleeker. Cheap to shoot but yet would work if needed to deter.

Don't all the Ps go with that PC9? Im going to have to get my KP94DC and KP944DC out....and maybe even the KP93

roylt

Hunter
PAVTXER said:
roylt said:

Don't all the Ps go with that PC9? Im going to have to get my KP94DC and KP944DC out....and maybe even the KP93

Based on the time line of the P-gun I feel the 94 model went/goes with the PC rifle. Either the 40 with the PC4 or the 9mm with the PC9. They would also share mags but I'm sure all us P-nuts knew that.

Latest posts