LC9S Blew apart

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TRMan

Bearcat
I purchased a LC9s last week and last night was the first time I had a chance to bring to the range. I ran through 2 magazines without any issues. The second shot on my third magazine blew the gun apart! I was using standard off the shelf ammo - Geco, not reloads, not +P. I was LUCKY!!!! I ended up with 2 cuts one below my glasses on the cheek bone and one on my forehead and a black eye. I should've done my homework before buying this pistol! Come to find out there's a lot of people posting on the web the exact same experience so if you have this pistol be aware.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
I've got three of these LC9s guns, where on the web are they posting this ?????

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Never heard of this problem and first post. Glad you are alright but I trust my LC9S and all my Ruger's completely.

mn_doggie

Bearcat
TRMan said:
I purchased a LC9s last week and last night was the first time I had a chance to bring to the range. I ran through 2 magazines without any issues. The second shot on my third magazine blew the gun apart! I was using standard off the shelf ammo - Geco, not reloads, not +P. I was LUCKY!!!! I ended up with 2 cuts one below my glasses on the cheek bone and one on my forehead and a black eye. I should've done my homework before buying this pistol! Come to find out there's a lot of people posting on the web the exact same experience so if you have this pistol be aware.

TRollMan

BS

Thunderstick

Bearcat
A buddy of my nephew's best friend had the same problem. His LC9s blew apart and he didn't have any pictures either...... :roll:

TRMan

Bearcat
I'd be glad to post the pictures ... can anybody explain how to attach a picture in this forum?
By the way, I have 3 Rugers, 2 that I'm very happy with. This is just to keep the group informed of what happened to me, nothing more. If you do a google search on "Ruger LC9s blew up" you'll get 5 or 6 hits. One of them is a youtube video. I'm meeting with the gun shop tomorrow and I'm sure they'll send it back and Ruger will make good on it but I'll be looking for store credit to buy another brand. I've lost confidence in this gun.

hittman

Staff member
Well .... I just did a Bing search on Ruger LC9 blew up. Only hit is on blown up (enlarged) pictures of LC9s. Not one where an LC9 was damaged.

Yeah, it'd sketchy ...... and most likely ammo related if it did occur.

Over 1,000 rounds through my LC9 now.

Instructions on posting pictures are in the Gallery Section.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Try googling 'LC9 kaboom' .... I think you'll find more pics and discussions.

REV

5of7

Hunter
In the revolver section, there is a thread in which the blow up of a SP101 was described complete with pictures. And this with factory loaded .357 ammo.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=229541

Why is it so hard to imagine that a semi auto pistol might suffer the same fate?

Over there the consensus seems to be that it was faulty ammo. I suspect the same thing here. 8) 8)

revhigh

Hawkeye
22/45 Fan said:
revhigh said:
Try googling 'LC9 kaboom' .... I think you'll find more pics and discussions.

REV
Google "Glock Kaboom" and you will find even more. A lot more.

Glock kabooms are well known and well documented ... Primarily in their .40's .... How are they relevant to this subject ?

REV

22/45 Fan

Hunter
revhigh said:
Glock kabooms are well known and well documented ... Primarily in their .40's .... How are they relevant to this subject ?

REV
They are relevant because you mercilessly pick on Ruger's flaws as you perceive them. I just wanted to point out that other makes have their foibles too.

hittman

Staff member
The number of Glock "kabooms" on YouTube should be about 1,000 times more than Ruger just based on total number of Glocks vs. LC9's sold.